Trouble With VTX and Video

SpiceFlyer

I'm having trouble with my FPV system. When I power up my quadcopter the goggles come up with a black screen. I've changed out the camera, connected the VTX directly to the camera, and have resoldered every wire back to the PDB. Could the problem be that the VTX is fried? A few months ago I crashed the quad and the battery ejected.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Usually a black screen indicates the VTx is transmitting but has no signal from the camera. Since you've changed that out I would guess that the VTx is damaged. You can confirm the camera works by hooking it up to a TV's composite video in - usually a RCA cable connector. Do modern TV's even have that? Mines 12 years old ;)

SpiceFlyer

Usually a black screen indicates the VTx is transmitting but has no signal from the camera. Since you've changed that out I would guess that the VTx is damaged. You can confirm the camera works by hooking it up to a TV's composite video in - usually a RCA cable connector. Do modern TV's even have that? Mines 12 years old ;)
I was hoping that there was a work around with it or another trick. I still have to order a new VTX.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Feel your vtx. Is it super hot really quick or stays cold? If either case its toast. If it gets warm to the toych slowly then I would think more about damaged camera or signal wires between the camera and vtx. It doesnt take much to stretch and break those fine wires in the casing or to pull the wire out of connector crimps but keep the sleeve giving the illusion of a connection visually.

Reactions: FDS