Trying to understanding the relationship in the power pod for my FT Mini

FlyWithMoh

Just Starting Out...
I am just starting out and I'm trying to verify that if I pop a 3 cell battery into the "power pack a" that the ESC is not going to burn when I do WOT (wide open throttle).

From what I can tell the motor, and the ESC will support the 3 cell. My concern is that I believe that since I am going to be using a 6030 prop that comes with the power pack, will it make the motor pull more than the ESC can safely support? I am thinking that I should drop in a 5030 prop to be safe.

does anybody have a online calculator or tool that will help you determine the proper power pod setup? I know the FT Guys have touched on this but I just wanted to double check my setup before I fly.

Here are the spec I am looking at that say the engine will pull 11.3a with a 6" prop: http://www.emaxmodel.com/emax-multicopter-motor-mt1806.html

Last edited:

kacknor

Build another!
From my experience it will be perfectly fine. I fly my Tiny Trainers and others on the A pack with a 12 AMP ESC and a 3c pack with out issue.

However, your question is a good one and highlights the need to own a wattmeter such as THIS one.

It very helpful as you venture out from the Power Packs and start buying motors and ESCs on your own.

JD

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
um . . . 3C battery or 3S?

One hints at the maximum current (3x the capacity/h), the other tells you the voltage range (12.4v-11.1v).

As far as the motor . . . the specs you've listed states 4A WOT on 3s for a 6x4 . . . a 6x3 will draw less. You'll be just fine.

edit: just saw the second listing . . . 6x3 < 6x4 prop. you'll be fine.