Twin boom attahcment

anttler

60" foamboard wing and body. This is a UAAV that uses auto pilot to fly missions. So there is not aerobatic flight. It flies well, but to increase endurance to 25 minutes I needed to add batteries and reduce weight. I had twin foam booms, but figured I could save 200g+ by switching the booms out to carbon fiber. A design issue I have is the need for the aircraft to break down and fit in an old school Pruis. The old boom were attached by rubber band. I was wondering if anyone had experience with attaching carbon fiber booms on a 1800kg aircraft using rubber bands. I have attached some images of my initial attachment idea. There is a bit of flex, and I wonder if the bands will break, I was going to use two or three for flights.

If anyone has used this method, or has any ideas of how to use attach booms using light weight materials that allows the booms to be quickly removed and replaced please let me know. As I mentioned my reason for moving to this was weight reduction so if the attachment method weights 200g's then its a wash and I'd just go back to my old way and suffer with anemic climb.
Photo Mar 30, 10 14 28 AM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 10 15 32 AM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 10 15 48 AM.jpg