Twin Twirl

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

In this episode of Flite Test Josh and Josh review the Twin Twirls! Watch as they explain the flying characteristics, and then go fly! These planes are great trainers, and also fly amazing. Watch this video to see more.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
A scratch build that reflects FT's perspective of the hobby! I like it. Wishing I could get my hands on some cheap foamboard.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Josh Bixler got a new Shirt !!!!!

New for sure, but he has worn it on at least one other episode, as I noticed it on a previous video. I have a feeling its been airbrushed . . I like the look of it.

lobstermash, I've also had trouble getting decent priced foamboard. I've mainly been buying Depron, but I get that from a Hobby Shop Locally

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I think I pay $16 for 1 sheet of 6mm Depron, not sure of the size but off memory it could be bigger than A1

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Wishing I could get my hands on some cheap foamboard.

You can look through my top secret 3mm depron stash at the RC craft night if you promise not to tell anyone where it is.

I even have the plans for this one somewhere.

Maybe if you cut another 'kit of parts' at the craft night that might make a fair trade (foam for labour). I'd want to put mine together with UHU Por before you taint my foam with your hot glue gun!

;)

G

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Cool bananas! I might just make yours while I'm going at it ;) Using hot glue it'd be together before you realised!

PS do you still have any of those 10A fixed wing ESCs?

Last edited:

glydr

Yup - I've two of them unused. Have earmarked one for brushlessing my Easy Box (and making an aileron wing - making a mini mini ultra stick). But my project list is always flexible!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Ah, that's alright... I think I've got a spare-ish 20A. Looks a very cool little... um, autobicopter? I love the concept!

glydr

Just found a 12A esc which is suitable for the easy box come acro box conversion.

Leaving 2x 10A ESCs for little twirls.

G

earthsciteach

LOVE THIS EPISODE!!!! This is an awesome, simplified version of an autogyro. I will be building one! LOVE IT!!!!!!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Wait, is an autogyro a gateway drug??? I could be in trouble.

Yep, First you build one and bring it in to a nearly hovering landing in a mild headwind. Then you will catch yourself looking at quads but wondering how much better 6 rotors might be over 2 or 4, then it is just a very short jump to the hard stuff, OCTOCOPTER.:p

It's a plot by Josh, Josh and Chad to get EVERYONE into multi-rotors. One craft, many more esc's, motors, props and bigger batteries. I bet Hobby King is in on the scheme too since the company is likely to profit greatly from it. ;)

Thurmond

Last edited:

MrClean

Flew my Twin Twirl tonight, here it is hanging out with my Snowball.
th_578987_3980781723711_2071007691_n.jpg

Took right off and flew like it was supposed to. Looks cool with the rotors going through the air. Keychain cam taking video stopped just after I checked it in my reflection so no video dangit. Thats the problems with flying alone.