Help! UMX Turbo Timber RSSI Stability

awesomebob

Hello everyone, I have a radio master tx12 with a jumper 4 in 1 module. I just got a new Umx turbo timber and I was excited to take it out to try. I did a quick range test just to be safe and I am glad I did because the RSSI reading on my transmitter lost connection at about 100 feet. It was gradual as I walked away and I slowly watched it drop to 0 as I walked away. Is this is module issue with the 4 in 1? Or is it a rx issue? Or something else.

awesomebob

No I was not. I also tested the other receiver types like frsky just to make sure the module was not broken and the problem only occurs with dsm.

awesomebob

The control surfaces were all good until I lost connection about 100 feet out. Throttle was fine too. But the second my radio said connection lost nothing worked.

Bricks

Master member
Was the model sitting on the ground if so maybe put it up on a bench. If still having problems I would check and make sure there is nothing blocking the antennas. If you have another DSMX receiver around I would lay it inside the plane hooked up and see if the same range issue comes up. If it doesn`t then possibly a bad receiver if it does then maybe the DSM in the module is not operating properly.

Not sure does your radio have the interior module or external and does it have the latest update. My Radiomaster TX16s the DSMX works much better since I updated the built in module as I have nothing but DSMX receivers and no issues..

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Thanks so much for your help the firmware was the issue. I’m not sure why this was the case but I’m back to full advertised range. Thanks again.
Well, obviously there was a bug in the firmware that needed to be patched to work correctly with DSMX... Not the first time I have seen such things. Glad you found a solution!!!

Bricks

Master member
^^^^ Agree it is nice to hear back when someone has a problem and once solved reports back to the fix. Good job getting her done.

Bricks

Master member
What was the previous firmware version?
Which version did you update to?

The Radiomaster TS16s has an update for the internal module, part of the 2.3.14 or should I say came out at the same time. The internal module update is listed separate and enables forward programing for Spekrum compatible receivers..