USB issues

KRAR

Alright...

I am really good with computers but for some reason I cannot get this to run on my desktop....beta flight/ clean flight... whatever it is never has worked...

when I go to my device manager I dont even see and com ports listed.. I have to add them...

Device manager > Actions > Add legacy hardware....

Problem is then it asks for the make and model of the device... since i have installed the STM I choose that... but when i do that the deivce manager just says the device cant start...

Any other PC that have com ports listed automatically i can get it to run all day long.

Anyone seen this? have advice?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Did you install the drivers listed on the Betaflight welcome screen? It's kind of a pain because you have to create an account or give them your email address, but after doing that it should work fine. One thing to make sure of is that you're using a proper USB data cable, many out there are for charging only.

KRAR

USB cable is correct work fine with my laptop...

Windows 10 machine...

I am assuming you are supposed to install those in order... which I have....

Like i said my windows 10 machine doesnt have com ports by default in device manager so i have to add them... anyone have this... what was the solution?

KRAR

yes it does...

I have got it work on my work laptop on my desktop no go

Attachments

• issue.jpg
    issue.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 0

KRAR

No I am not...

ALthough it appears as if every port is 3.0 except the two in front... which may be 3.0

donalson

I will say... the easiest thing to work with betaflight/cleanflight/inav has been my chromebook... my decade old macbook also made it really easy... I've had to fight every single windows computer I've used