Taranis Plus- drives not loading

ceegeester

Decided to fire up my old Taranis Plus and play around with Open TX. Was able to flash a newer version of the firmware but cannot get the PC to recognise the drives. Have used the 3 finger to open and then connect via USB, the Tx tells me that it is connected via USB and the PC beeps to acknowledge the USB but it doesn't show the drives. Have followed all sorts of helpful advice re SMPT bootloaders and Zadig etc. but still doesn't work. When connected my Device manager shows FrySky Taranis Bootloader as Serial Bus Device. Have also tried two other USB cables. I am not super technical when it comes to this stuff so I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tx.
The Tx seems to work OK and I can set up models directly but it would be a lot easier to use Open TX. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Bricks

Master member
I will be curious to keep an eye on your thread as to the problem, as I have just ordered the Radiomaster 16tx Max which is OT.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Decided to fire up my old Taranis Plus and play around with Open TX. Was able to flash a newer version of the firmware but cannot get the PC to recognise the drives. Have used the 3 finger to open and then connect via USB, the Tx tells me that it is connected via USB and the PC beeps to acknowledge the USB but it doesn't show the drives. Have followed all sorts of helpful advice re SMPT bootloaders and Zadig etc. but still doesn't work. When connected my Device manager shows FrySky Taranis Bootloader as Serial Bus Device. Have also tried two other USB cables. I am not super technical when it comes to this stuff so I am thinking there is something wrong with the Tx.
The Tx seems to work OK and I can set up models directly but it would be a lot easier to use Open TX. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
What OS are you running on your PC, and which version of OpenTX did you load on the radio?

ceegeester

What OS are you running on your PC, and which version of OpenTX did you load on the radio?
Thanks for your interest. Laptop is running Windows 10 and Open TX is Taranisplus 2.1.9.bin Version 2.1.10 Variant 217. Frustrating thing is that it used to work OK. Pretty certain I have stuffed something up.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Thanks for your interest. Laptop is running Windows 10 and Open TX is Taranisplus 2.1.9.bin Version 2.1.10 Variant 217. Frustrating thing is that it used to work OK. Pretty certain I have stuffed something up.
When you hold the trim tabs tword the center, when powering on, without a USB cable plugged in, do you get a screen with "Or plug in a USB cable for mass storage"?
Also, does your bootloader version match the firmware version?

2.1.10 is pretty old. I have 2.3.9 on mine, and think there is even newer than that.

This is the screen I get.
IMG_20210401_230130_980.jpg

https://www.open-tx.org/

ceegeester

When you hold the trim tabs tword the center, when powering on, without a USB cable plugged in, do you get a screen with "Or plug in a USB cable for mass storage"?
Also, does your bootloader version match the firmware version?

2.1.10 is pretty old. I have 2.3.9 on mine, and think there is even newer than that.

This is the screen I get.
View attachment 196725

https://www.open-tx.org/
Thanks for that, I will get screenshot of my Taranis info and post it back but will have to do it later. Have to runout the door now so hope we can pick up this thread later.

ceegeester

Thanks for that, I will get screenshot of my Taranis info and post it back but will have to do it later. Have to runout the door now so hope we can pick up this thread later.
Screenshot of my TX. I am thinking that it has to be something to do with the "bootloader" stuff that I don't fully understand. 20210402_140743.jpg

ceegeester

My TX doesn't show me the USB Mode. In Radio setup it shows Voice, Units, Play delay and then Default channel but no USB Mode
Just flashed latest version of OTX and now shows the USB option. It tells me that SD Card warning Expected version 2.3V0035 so I suppose I have to download that from somewhere.

ceegeester