Help! Is my flight controller dead?

cphillam

So my Mamba F405 Mk2 flight controller won't connect to betaflight anymore. It was working fine the day before. When it is connected to my pc the flight controller has the correct LEDs lighting up as you would expect but then nothing happens. It's not even recognized in windows at all, as if it wasn't plugged in. Tried using the boot button on the flight controller to boot it into DFU mode but still nothing. I have tried dozens of cables, even ones that have worked in the past. I also tried it on my laptop but instead of getting absolutely nothing when plugging it in, I get a windows error saying USB device not recognized, and when looking in device manager I can see the flight controller listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" which leaves me in the same situation as before.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, using the Zadig tool and Impulse RC (both of which won't work because the flight controller isn't detected by the computer at all). Tried hooking up the battery to the quad first and then connecting it to my PC with the same result. I've used a multitude of USB Cables and different computers and USB ports. The quad flies fine, and everything works, but I just can't connect it to betaflight to configure it!

Please if someone could help me I would be most grateful!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have had USB connectors pull off and break loose. If that happens you can "as a last resort", use one of the serial ports for configuration if you have an FTDI adapter.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have a FTDI adapter, can I use any UART?
If you have MSP already enabled on a serial port, use that port. If not, You may have to reflash from scratch using UART1. I ended up having to do that with one of my Matek F405-Wing FCs when the USB Connector ripped clean off and I did not have any ports configured for serial MSP. I have since flashed it to ArduPilot and am using a bluetooth adapter and serial to configure it. When a STM32 FC is in boot mode, they check the serial ports as well as the USB/Serial for input.

Meng Lee

If you have MSP already enabled on a serial port, use that port. If not, You may have to reflash from scratch using UART1. I ended up having to do that with one of my Matek F405-Wing FCs when the USB Connector ripped clean off and I did not have any ports configured for serial MSP. I have since flashed it to ArduPilot and am using a bluetooth adapter and serial to configure it. When a STM32 FC is in boot mode, they check the serial ports as well as the USB/Serial for input.

Hi there,

My usb ripped clean off my Rushfpv Blade F7 FC. I've hooked it up to my FTDI adapter on UART 1 and tried to run the Betaflight USB Rescue Feature. However it does not seem to detect my flight controller. Do you know how do I go about this?

Alienell

Hello guys, I'm having the same problem. Were you guys able to get this issue fixed?... I've tried all of the above.

Thanks in advance