• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vortex 150 Arming Switch

Vman

Just got the vortex 150 and maddened it tonight. With the 4 cell it was too much for me in a gym. My other quads I arm with a switch on the transmitter and I prefer that to move the throttle to bottom left or bottom right for arming or disarming. How do I change this? If i have to do this via computer and Vortex Companion app why do I have problems trying to open a serial port?

Vman

Solved the problem with the serial port connection. I tried a third US B cable one that is made of heavier gage cable. This one worked fine no problem. So if you are trying to program a quad with Betaflight or Cleanflight or Vortwx Companion and get cannot open serial port error message all the time and you have tried everything else then try another usb cable.

vortex 150

i have the same problem... i can't connect my vortex 150 into my computer... always failed serial port... and the immersionrc USB to UART driver can't install... i am using FRsky w/ x4r receiver... anyone knows how to fix this?

Vman

Seriously try a new USB cable. I even went and bought a cheap chrome book to eliminate if it was Dell or Windows problem. That didn't help either until I tried a new cable. It worked on the Chromebook so I tried it on my Windows desktop and it worked there too. In windows go to the device manager to make sure you are opening a com port, this com port is the one you select in betaflight or whatever program you are using.

vortex 150

i tried different usbs but still nothing... so i plug in another computer and it works... maybe just my computer and needs to be replaced... all good now...:)

sometime even a different USB port on same computer will make a difference. Is it USB 2.0 or 3.0, mine won't work with the ports on top or in back only the front ports.