Help! Want to build an rc plane for a competetion

Prowler555

I want to make an rc plane specifically to carry at least 40 golf balls(45 gms each) for 30 minutes, it must not have a wingspan of more than 1.2m and T/W <= 1 without payload. please suggest some designs/ideas.

Shurik-1960

The Guinness Book of Yours will wait: as soon as you create an airplane with the specified parameters! I went to the popcorn store and I'll keep an eye on your creativity!

quorneng

Master member
Prowler555
Have you designed, built and flown successfully a plane?
The problem with your specification is it will not only require some detail understanding of the strength of materials but also considerable building skill to put the design features into reality. I would also expect it would be an iterative process proving each design feature.
A quite voluminous 1.8 kg 'payload' within a 1.2m span sounds like the specification for some sort of military UAV rather than a practical model RC plane.

cyclone3350

Master member
I want to make an rc plane specifically to carry at least 40 golf balls(45 gms each) for 30 minutes, it must not have a wingspan of more than 1.2m and T/W <= 1 without payload. please suggest some designs/ideas.
Is this for the DBF competition? Design Build Fly sponsored by the AIAA?

_vsamurai

Man u participating Vayurvya competition? Ig the flight time with load had a 5 min time limit not 30💀.