Warpquad Build Log

Brainstorm

Thought I'd share my slightly different take on the lemon-sat wiring, if FGA doesn't mind me posting pics in his build log thread. Just let me know on here or PM if so, new guy here, don't want to encroach.

But here goes, using Acro Naze with filed holes to fit the 30mm spacing on the warpquad.

I moved the pins on the lemon-sat to match everything else... red, black, yellow > power, ground, signal
attachment.php

And a bottom view, low pro pins per Soma's videos, and not quite as low pro pins for batt monitor, buzzer, and FrSky Telemetry (not used on this little beast)
attachment.php

Cuzoe: Love the way you wired up the Lemon satellite to the Naze32! The way you brought in the three connections from the Naze to the 3-pin angled header on the side is clean and elegant. Kudos!

Last edited:

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Oh no, the jigs up! All the RCGroups guys from Soma's Warpquad thread are coming over here! :)
Welcome to the forum Brainstorm.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
As some may know, Warthox currently has a 230mm Warpquad frame and has been doing his best to torture it in true Warthox fashion. He hasn't had time to make a proper video of it doing acro yet but he did visit a multicopter event where he won the king of speed event which is a pylon race where the aim is to overtake your opponent. Warthox put on HQ 5x4 props and run the SS2204's on 4s. This is only possible with the KISS ESC's but he has some prototypes he is testing. This will give you an idea what the hype is about with these ESC's. Felix who is the KISS esc designer came second with quad powered buy MN1806 2300kv on 5x3props.

http://youtu.be/hDP3sn0JD8s

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
This is only possible with the KISS ESC's but he has some prototypes he is testing. This will give you an idea what the hype is about with these ESC's. Felix who is the KISS esc designer came second with quad powered buy MN1806 2300kv on 5x3props.

Well...there are also the new (just announced today as far as I know) HV Afro's which are apparently a colab between SimonK and Timecop: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=42549&aff=687394

Just saw them announced in an e-mail this morning and they're already backordered though.

Will be very interested to see what people come up with using these....

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
As well as my copter is tuned, I'll bet if Warthox flew it, it would warble too. :)

Last edited:

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Well...there are also the new (just announced today as far as I know) HV Afro's which are apparently a colab between SimonK and Timecop: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=42549&aff=687394

Just saw them announced in an e-mail this morning and they're already backordered though.

Will be very interested to see what people come up with using these....

I'm not holding my breath after seeing the failure of the orginal Afro series. Remember that HK is involved. Even Timecop has given up and is selling BS12a on his website. I would be willing to bet Timecop and SimonK had very little to do with this.

Holy crap, I just looked at the specs. It's huge and weighs a tonne!

I'm sure it will work with the low KV motors running higher voltage but using it on racing quads will show it limitations.

Last edited:

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I'm not holding my breath after seeing the failure of the orginal Afro series. Remember that HK is involved. Even Timecop has given up and is selling BS12a on his website. I would be willing to bet Timecop and SimonK had very little to do with this.

Hadn't heard about the failures on the original Afros - not that I'd be shocked that something from HK is running into trouble ;)

Holy crap, I just looked at the specs. It's huge and weighs a tonne!

I'm sure it will work with the low KV motors running higher voltage but using it on racing quads will show it limitations.

Yes, it's not really designed for mini/racing quad applications where high KV motors rule - more for endurance with ultra low KV motors. But I do like seeing something different and an ESC that can handle high switching speeds and high voltage is something new and interesting.....

At least while we wait on the KISS ESCs ;D

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Hadn't heard about the failures on the original Afros - not that I'd be shocked that something from HK is running into trouble ;)

Yes, it's not really designed for mini/racing quad applications where high KV motors rule - more for endurance with ultra low KV motors. But I do like seeing something different and an ESC that can handle high switching speeds and high voltage is something new and interesting.....

At least while we wait on the KISS ESCs ;D

The afro's have been going ok but people have been having dramas with the 12a's a lot. The big problem is these were supposed to be the new thing but why would you pay more for one when a BS12a or F20a out performs it at a lower cost.

I'm quietly confident about the release of the KISs ESC's. There's more places than RCgroups to get info on them :)

Brainstorm

Oh no, the jigs up! All the RCGroups guys from Soma's Warpquad thread are coming over here! :)
Welcome to the forum Brainstorm.

Thanks, Final Glide. It was only a matter of time until the Warpquadvasion got into full swing. :D

As well as my copter is tuned, I'll bet if Warthox flew it, it would warble too. :)

LOL, Cranial! Ain't that the truth?

I have to admit I can get a bit stressed when I fly my quad. In contrast, when Warthox flies a quad, it's the quad that gets stressed! :p :D

Last edited:

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
EArHog is one of the many Warpquad owners on RCGroups and has constantly given us some amusing videos of him learning to fly acro with the Warpquad. After many many many requests he has finally put together a crash compilation of his flying.

This is why you buy a more expensive Carbon Fiber Frame. The word is durability. Enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKUevXyzf88