Well sh$$

L Edge

Master member
Why don't you build a plane that has skis?

If you are really into it, modify an old child's ski jacket(sew bottom, use zipper to put radio and hand warmer in and out) and use the part cut sleeves to insert your hands and you can fly in real cold weather as long as no wind.
Just cut the length of flight to 3/4 to 1/2 time the colder it gets.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I had my Snow skimmer out on the water and grass today. I AM READY!
IMG_20231022_120734.jpg

tamuct01

Sorry about that, it's prime flight season here in the south.
Yup. It was sunny here on Sat. with little to no wind. Our club helped a bunch of young men from Trail Life build some Nutballs and FT Flyers to give them a taste of the hobby. Club members buddy-boxed with them to give the boys a chance to fly their creations. Great weather!

Shurik-1960

Winter is wonderful: models rarely beat in fluffy snow when the pilot makes mistakes on landing. By winter, the regulator and motors should be shed with a special varnish and no water will be terrible. In the video, I did not check the operation of the elevator and the video transmitter settings: the settings were on the DB-5 with a span of 1 meter, and the DB-5 with a span of 1.3 meters had the elevator in reverse, as well as the ailerons. The model has been repaired for a long time, but this year and next, alas, it will not fly.

tesseract

Master member
Everyone complains about the weather but nobody is doing anything about it.
Everyone who is doing something gets shut down by the vegans and environmentalists. It's also called global warming.

(unless you want more snow, in which case i'm completely onboard)

RcLew

The picture is from the mid 70s of an M.E.N Trainer with ski's, I made the ski's from plexiglass, work great, still have them.

Attachments

• 49440.jpg
    49440.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0