What Did You Fly Today

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Dug a plane outta the garage last weekend while doing some reorganization. Bought this and another old foam plane a few years ago from a guy at the field. Long overdue for my maiden. Found out it does need a bit of Foam-Tac on the fuselage behind the wing. It got a bit sketchy after a couple of touch and gos.
View attachment 203093
View attachment 203094

Cheers!
LB
not sure how to reply, not liking you had a hard time with it but the fact it's an awesome looking plane

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Here's a small glimpse of the other plane
372332_7885d6c8fa343a113c092afa6ba519fb.jpeg

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
OK, WOW! That was almost a candidate for the "what did you crash today" thread. The crack above was more than a crack once I unhooked the pushrods from the servos. Can't believe I actually got it down on that last flight, unless it split the rest of he way on landing. Got Foam-Tac on it and am checking everything else out before heading to the field. Same with the La Belle Dame.
IMG_20210709_143247857.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Dug a plane outta the garage last weekend while doing some reorganization. Bought this and another old foam plane a few years ago from a guy at the field. Long overdue for my maiden. Found out it does need a bit of Foam-Tac on the fuselage behind the wing. It got a bit sketchy after a couple of touch and gos.
View attachment 203093
View attachment 203094

Cheers!
LB
That is a nice looking model, pity it isn't in balsa I love the old vintage planes.

DazDaMan

Elite member
The wind was down yesterday, so I took the Spitfire out for a flight in the rain!

I filmed it, too, but forgot to delete old videos from the camera, so the clip is only a couple of minutes. D'oh!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
The wind was down yesterday, so I took the Spitfire out for a flight in the rain!

I filmed it, too, but forgot to delete old videos from the camera, so the clip is only a couple of minutes. D'oh!
How was it? Flying in the rain? It sounds like it could be awesome.,.
Didyou waterproof it somehow?

bwarz

Master member
had a family reunion today at a park with a few soccer and baseball fields. last time I looked it looked a bit small, so I only brought minis with me - wish I would have brought something bigger cuz once I stepped to the field it was quite nice :rolleyes:

it was a bit windy (meaning bigger would have been better....) but I managed to put several batteries through my umx P47 and umx Pitts. Nice day and good for the conference leading up to this Thursday!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Had the most successful day at the field I've had before...
Got 2:30 on the scaled up old speedster...
And my brother got 2 min on it as well....
The I also remaidened my scout, it fly on rails.... Until I flew into the sun......
Lost orientation and landed in an extremely dense forest.., luckily I found it.....
Will post video soon... I think I need a proper tx., as when the plane gets maybe 100m away the motor starts acting like crazy... It looks awesome to bystanders but is horrifying to the pilot