What Did You Fly Today

DazDaMan

Elite member
Hello, that's not the Eachine Mini, which one's this? Looks like it's modelled on the later marks as well; got those distinctive bulges of the Gryphon engine on the bonnet. :)

Haha, good eye! It's the Airnox Spitfire - came out a little before the Eachine/Volantex types. It's slightly bigger, and doesn't have the same performance, but it's nice enough to fly if you just want to do lazy circuits.

Here's a video I did a couple of years ago.

Shurik-1960

In the first version, the Rescuer had 2 air rudders, but the handling was very poor in the wind. I cut off the air rudders and installed one water wide rudder.The boat easily sails in a straight line (the engine is tilted to the right -3 degrees), turns on the spot and easily pushes the model aircraft to the shore after the accident.

L Edge

Master member
Flew my "wonder" version(modified) in no wind today where I changed the prop from a 9 x 4/8 SF to a 9 x3/8 SF (APC) and it blew my mind. Not only did it slow it flight down, but allowed it to Hover!!!!!!!

Can't believe that Sponz's design can not only do combat, but can handle gusty wind, and can do 3D. Going to see next time if it will do a knife edge, especially if it has all those vertical stabs. Will post video of proof.

So, when testing out a plane, be sure you try out different props to see what the limits of the plane.

danskis

Master member
Like L Edge said.....My field is at 5500 feet and I was using the recommended props. I wrote APC and they told me to go up at least one in pitch. That made a big difference.

The speed build Spit and the 13th squadron F6F went up today.

fly today.jpg

Attachments

• Flytoday.jpg
    Flytoday.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 0

F.K1999

Today I successfully fired a rocket from my twin engine plane
14C07AEB-1C81-4306-A25E-1EADC7111FA4.jpeg

Note: rocket used off-the-shelf model rocket engine, cardboard tube as a body and was launched to the empty field away from the buildings, cars, etc. It fell down to the ground safely, causing no damage. It was launched before from the ground, so it proved to be stable. Don’t try this at home (go to your neighbour’s one), don’t launch it in the densely populated areas and think twice before doing such kind of madness.

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
Not what I flew today, flew a couple weekends back and intended to post here, but never got around to it.

Went to Stonebarrow; a gorgeous open space on the coast. The Blade 500X went up and caught the evening sun.
Screenshot_20230503_173306_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230503_173645_Gallery.jpg

Then later, the BipePipe switched its lights on then went up and caught the evening Moon.
Screenshot_20230511_203045_Gallery.jpg

It was a short flight though. Since installing a couple lolly sticks in the tail, it's impossible to balance right. It fortunately crashed in a Gorse bush - scratchy, but springy. I need to add some noseweight and put in some downthrust. Then later this year; replace it. It's just getting rather raggedy.

mastermalpass

Elite member

The Fopster

Master member
I flew this today between the thunderstorms. A Cessna 195 I built some time ago and struggled with. A couple of years later I decided to revisit it with everything I’ve learned in the intervening period. I figured out the electrical issues were a defective ESC dropping power to the servos, and I’m now a better pilot (though not an expert!). Bottom line - it flies! The motor/prop combo are very efficient (15 minutes of scale flying off a 2200 3 cell) but the landing gear is too flexible to cope with a rough grass strip - so hand launch and nose-over on every landing. 😀
It’s a docile flyer, but lacking in control authority. It’ll loop, but an attempt at a roll nearly ended it. Still - worth fixing the landing gear, I think!
101359D3-3CDB-41FC-8418-4DEDAC95B3D0.jpeg

mastermalpass

Elite member
It was rather windy but i had some batteries to discharge and what better way to do it than with a Maiden LOL
3dLabprint WACO

Very nice! The WACO bears some resemblance to the Gloster Gladiator. I've recently started on a design of one to upgrade from the BipePipe. I was originally intending for it to replace the old BipePipe, but I wanna test the reverse-engineered plans of it, so I'm gonna build another one before I retire the current one. :)

I'm guessing the WACO will be pulling some fun aerobatics once you're more familiar with it?

shadeyB

Legendary member
Very nice! The WACO bears some resemblance to the Gloster Gladiator. I've recently started on a design of one to upgrade from the BipePipe. I was originally intending for it to replace the old BipePipe, but I wanna test the reverse-engineered plans of it, so I'm gonna build another one before I retire the current one. :)

I'm guessing the WACO will be pulling some fun aerobatics once you're more familiar with it?
thats the plan pal, i always seem to trash my Bipe's but hopefully ill get some fun from this one before i do LOL

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
It's the perfect day to fly in Indiana and so far an Explorer, DR1, Simple Scout and Staggerwing up and down without needing any repairs!! The topper is flying the Staggerwing with a Bald Eagle checking it out. What I would have given to have the Runcam charged.