What Equipment Should I Get to Start?

DarkFire

Hi guys,

I want to get into FPV and I am still trying to figure out everything I need. I have picked out the Attitude V3 which comes with a reciever, the Hyperion mini 600 TVL camera with the built-in 5.8 GHz 25 MW transmitter, and the two pack 5.8 GHz antennas.

I feel like that is it:confused:, but if there is a better alternative to the camera or antennas(I will be flying small planes in small areas for now), or I'm missing something, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dark

kdobson83

That's it unless u need goggles too. I hear the Quanum Cyclops are amazing for the price. Got em on my Xmas list. But what you listed sounds about right. If your not sure, places like HobbyKing and Horizon have lots you can buy that has everything you need to start all bundled together. That's the route I'm taking. 4channel FT Old Fogey fpv, here I come.

quadsview

That's it unless u need goggles too. I hear the Quanum Cyclops are amazing for the price. Got em on my Xmas list. But what you listed sounds about right. If your not sure, places like HobbyKing and Horizon have lots you can buy that has everything you need to start all bundled together. That's the route I'm taking. 4channel FT Old Fogey fpv, here I come.

The Attitude V3's are googles.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I got tha quanum DIY goggles and a cheap camer/vtx and rx/antennas from amazon, that makes it less than 100€ and it works just fine.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I think you have more than you need from the sounds of it, unless those two antennas are just spares for later / more receivers. The all-in-one camera/vtx you have includes a built in antenna, and I believe most Attitude V3's come with a circular polarized antenna:

https://store.flitetest.com/attitude-v3-fpv-goggles-by-fat-shark/

I would only caution that you make sure the antennas you buy have a compatible connector (SMA for the Fatsharks) and the correct RF polarization (Right hand circular, going by the product sheet on the FT store).