• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Is This??

The wing is often referred to as a diamond wing, box wing, or closed wing. Haven't seen the one you posted but here is an example of another, just doesn't have the v-tail.

DamoRC
Very interesting. Not sure I agree with everything he says, although reading the 'With Hindsight' section, neither does he!

Certainly an interesting concept though. Something to be explored with an RC model.

buzzbomb

Wandering around the internet I found this.
Any idea what it is?
View attachment 118658
The rear landing gear, the cockpit shape and the bent shape of the fuselage are all glider design. The nose seems to be pointed like there is a propeller, though. Judging by the funky curvature of the main wing, I'd say the wing is deforming as a control surface.

My VERY uneducated guess? I'd say it's experimental, maybe with some Photoshop thrown in. That right wing tip just isn't right. Heck, the more I look at the image, the more the whole thing looks digitally produced.

I'm thinking it's a fake. The whole plane. Not real.

DamoRC

Mentor
The rear landing gear, the cockpit shape and the bent shape of the fuselage are all glider design. The nose seems to be pointed like there is a propeller, though. Judging by the funky curvature of the main wing, I'd say the wing is deforming as a control surface.

My VERY uneducated guess? I'd say it's experimental, maybe with some Photoshop thrown in. That right wing tip just isn't right. Heck, the more I look at the image, the more the whole thing looks digitally produced.

I'm thinking it's a fake. The whole plane. Not real.
Although I wish it was real I too am beginning to think it could be fake. Spent too much time last night hunting this down ("must....solve....puzzle") including image searches, all kinds of variotions on box wing, closed wing, diamond wing, an multiple tail number searches. Nada.

DamoRC