What kind of leads do I need to connect esc to motor

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Usually called "bullet" connectors. There is a male and female part. Usually male on the motor side and female on the ESC side.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
There are different sizes of bullet connectors too. You will want connectors big enough to handle the current. Most of my stuff is 3.5 mm but I do have some 2mm for smaller setups. Some ESC's and some motors come with connectors included.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to FT mate.

May I toss in another option for you. It sounds like you have to put the connectors on from the start. I would suggest that you if possible depending on what you are putting them in, direct solder the two. I say this for several reasons. First you already have to do solder work. Second plug in connections can be an added place for problems to occur. I know having a break away connection in the case of air craft can be a good idea but electrically it is just adding another weak link.

Barring that the advise from the two kind gents above are correct and proper as always.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Bullet connectors are the go but for smaller models I have often just soldered the motor wires directly to the ESC wires. Using heatshrink for insulation of course!