• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what would be a good size 3 bladed prop as a replacement for 13x4 apc prop (2 bladed)

gangreen

I have a Funcub (himax tuning setup) with a 13x4 apc prop. As this is a big prop, i hits the ground often when landing with added weight like gopro etc...
I'm looking for a 3 bladed prop as a replacement for the 13x4 apc, as the lenght of the 3 blade prop should be shorter.
Can anybody tell me what 3 bladed prop size a should buy so a keep the caracteristics of a 13x4 apc?

Thank you!
Thibault

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
General rule from going 2blade to 3blade is down an inch in diameter and up an inch in pitch. So yes, 13x4x2 to a 12x4x3. Good luck finding a 12x5x3.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
General rule from going 2blade to 3blade is down an inch in diameter and up an inch in pitch. So yes, 13x4x2 to a 12x4x3. Good luck finding a 12x5x3.
I thought going up in pitch was for going to a 4 bladed prop as in; 13x4x2=12x4x3=12x5x4
Please let me know if I have that wrong, it's just what I heard from one of my flying buddies waay back.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
That rule is true as well. Whenever going from two to more blades follow the rule. The thing to keep in mind is that its a GENERAL rule. Any electric pilot should have their watt meter handy to make sure everything is in check.