What's on Your Mind? Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
He doesn't use a gopro, although he should.

He has some other point and shoot digital that he mounts at the end of his hiking stick.

He's been through a few cameras. Even stabbed one with a knife.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I can try to fly a quad. I can try to fly a traditional airplane

I WILL not try to mix the two...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'm enjoying one of those at the moment, Paul. To warm up after the morning's flying. Fog still hasn't lifted in Canberra. Probably won't today...

CAM00011.jpg

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
It's coffee. With a really big, thick crema. Quite hard to punch through with the microfoam...

Just for context, it's 1pm and the sun is *almost* penetrating the fog.

EDIT: As I question its efficacy at clearing the fog, the sun is finally out.

Rather enjoyed maidening the AT-6 this morning... Cool little plane

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Its 4:40 am and I haven't been able to sleep all night. These meds that I'm on have me all whacked out. So, here I sit grading some tests. Guess I'll be sleepy when the sun is up.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Do you have a special machine for getting the creme like that?

No, you have to get the milk texture right and pour it correctly. If you look up 'latte art' on Youtube there are lots of videos on how to do it. They all make it look very easy, but a rosetta like my last one is about 50/50 for me at the moment with my current batch of coffee (too much crema from the coffee).

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
It's just normal, plain old full cream milk. However it is 'stretched' to create microfoam on the top 1/3 or so of the steaming jug (using an espresso machine).

Latte art is usually reserved for the snobbier cafes that take that extra bit of care with their coffee. Latte art is supposed to suggest both a high quality shot (not too fast or slow extraction) from fresh roasted beans (steam through ground coffee at high pressure produces the crema - a nut brown emulsion of coffee oil) and proper microfoam in the milk (it should pour like normal milk and seen creamier than normal milk).

I have a go at latte art because, well, you have to pour the milk in anyway, so you may as well try and make cool patterns!