Which motor to buy?

ZipperFist08

Hi Looking to build my first freestyle quad and still choosing motors

DYS Samguk 2306 2800Kv = $48
DYS Sunfun 2207 2750KV = $40
EMAX ECO 2207/2306 2400KV = $47.5
EMAX ECO II 2207/2306 2400KV= $52
EMAX Excelvan 2306 2400KV = $32

Im inclining to buy the excelvan because I know will crash a lot so i think it's logical to buy more motors?
than buying high quality motors and just hard crashing them

Phin G

Elite member
Hi there the emax eco ones are specifically for race quads and if you’re a beginner then i would say to go with the cheaper ones because we all crash and have bad days and i would not like to have to be spending $48 on motors each time you fly. I would say to spend more to get one or 2 more motors in cade you crash. When you are comfortable with flying and want to di some hardcore racing or hardcore freestyle then i would say to splash out on some emax motors and whence you have done that and can fly confidently on full throttle i would say to get something like LenDtib hypeterrain motors or any from the rotor riot store.

ZipperFist08

Hi there the emax eco ones are specifically for race quads and if you’re a beginner then i would say to go with the cheaper ones because we all crash and have bad days and i would not like to have to be spending $48 on motors each time you fly. I would say to spend more to get one or 2 more motors in cade you crash. When you are comfortable with flying and want to di some hardcore racing or hardcore freestyle then i would say to splash out on some emax motors and whence you have done that and can fly confidently on full throttle i would say to get something like LenDtib hypeterrain motors or any from the rotor riot store.

I see, i think id stick with the cheaper motors then. How about the emax eco series for cinewhoops? I think i prefer quality for a cinewhoop in my level now