Why use a head-tracker?

FPVAirCombat

I forget how import smooth, precise gimbal servos are until one start acting up. One loses the immersive and intuitive feel of being one with the plane. In this case, my pan servo was sticking and jerky when moving. Nevertheless, I was too enthralled by the dogfight to gripe about it:

DEflyBy

It provides better situational awareness. Like driving a car, we naturally look into the direction of the turn before we make a turn. It’s what feels natural and the head movements are 2nd nature.

I need help, I got into the rc plane hobby specifically to do head tracking fpv flights.

So far i got a umx timber turbo and have been flying it without fpv.

Learning the ropes.

I want to step into fpv with my next plane the 1.3m carbon cub.(im assuming it is big enough)

I have a dx6e (damn thing doesnt have a trainer port only wireless.)

What setup can i use to do wireless head tracking through my dx6e???

I know how to setup the transmitter to gear and aux1 for the chanels but what head tracker/goggles combo or even better one with built in head tracker that can talk to my dx6e wirelessly.

I just want to get in the door and get going with something

DEflyBy

Another simple head-tracker FPV setup with no flight controller, no gyro. Tons of fun practicing precision aerobatics in a nimble jet :D:

I love this and i have seen your head tracker spektrum setup video a bunch but i have one problem, your video shows only the wired way and my dx6e only has wireless trainer no port. How do i make my head tracker wireless to my dx6e????

FPVAirCombat

I love this and i have seen your head tracker spektrum setup video a bunch but i have one problem, your video shows only the wired way and my dx6e only has wireless trainer no port. How do i make my head tracker wireless to my dx6e????
There’s a DSMX module that Lemon sells which can allow you to bind wirelessly. You just need to solder the output leads of the head-tracker to the input for the DSMX module and supply power using a small battery.

FPVAirCombat

Sharing some dogfight action with a Flightline Corsair in my little 1.2M T-28 Trojan. I strive to fly as realistically as possible. It was very rewarding watching the bent wind bird maneuvering in its element. Hope you enjoy it, too. Dogfight starts at 2:50