Why would you think i would like your music ?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You might have luck and it will get through or it might get blocked too. It all depends on how the rights management works. I've seen a lot of (music) videos and sometimes think that only registered music gets blocked. I've used royaltee free music (e.g. http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/ or other creative commons music) and didn't have problems so far. But I've heard other stories too.

It's not really clear how that works.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
First off, I don't like the whining of a small motor all the time on a video, just like I don't like seeing the prop spinning all the time on the video. If I watch an aerial video, it's to see the scenery, as a spinning prop looks the same on the ground as it does in the air. Then, of course, music sets the mood for the flight. Try watching a video by Surfimp for example without the music... oops, no motor to hear!

Even Charlie Chaplin added music to his movies, rather than leave it totally silent. I guess on the upside, you save money on a car stereo because all you want on an 8 hour roadtrip is the sound of the engine, and music makes it soooooo boring!

By the way, I glide, so no pesky mosquito buzzes to listen to all the time, and I fly with an MP3 player! Besides, if Imake a video' it's for my taste, and just mine. So what do I care if you don't like the music (in answer to the initial post title question

And as as a spanish song says, "Y al que no le guste que no mire... cojones!"

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Dubstep is the bane of modern day aerial videographers....to which I will assume some fault in my early days.

Yeah... people over use the Dubstep. I LOVE 90s techno, but I don't really like dubstep.

I haven't used this song yet, but I think it would be great music for some aerial footage. Maybe something more mellow would be better.

Always watch out for language when using music though. I remember someone used an uncensored song that included the f-word in the chorus. The CHORUS! And shared it on Flite Test's home page (in an article). He did change it and he said he felt bad when he heard about someone watching it with their young grand kid. But also watch out for context of the song. Yeah, some pretty nasty songs are played on the radio. But I think it's best to just avoid them.

lonewolf7717

I think someone else already mentioned this but I enjoy finding off the wall music from little known bands for my vids. I will often add in a couple scenes with actual audio, typically at intro or ending than slowly fades into selected music....believe short snippets of real audio better engages the viewer. Some of my favorite comments on my vids are "hey great flying, what's the music?"

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
I think this, I think that, I would do it this way....

Yawn!

Sounds like a lot of people on here need to stop pushing their opinions and go out and make their own videos of what they would like to watch. If you don't like the music, mute it. If you don't like the movie, don't watch it. It's that simple guys. Stop breaking apart other people's hard work and try actually making your own for a change. The internet has too many closet experts.

propelleregg

do you like my music? it has a lot of motors in it and i made it myself:
version with voiceover

»dancehall version« – just the music:

you can have a free copy of the motor-music, the »ATC 2 Step« (if you like it) at:
https://soundcloud.com/chackaboom/atc-twostep

enjoy... :)

p.s.: aerial shots: phantom 2, zenmuse, hero3+
p.p.s.: if you want to know more about world migratory bird day (today) – check out the official website:
http://worldmigratorybirdday.org

Last edited:

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
Dub has been over used. But we all know its just a fad and will pass. Personaly I listen to wutang when I fly 3d or when Im pushin woods lines with my fpv wing. The wu's Slow flow is relaxing but makes you push it alittle harder.. I know people arnt all rap fans so Ill tend to make vids with a more conservative type of music.

Tactical Ex

Video editing takes so much time. Adding the right audio track can really make a difference in the experience (try watching a horror movie muted) so it makes sense that it can be a sour point when it is poorly handled. With poor video, you can only do some much to make it nicer with audio. A small part of my major dealt with video and audio editing but my videos are bland because I never take the time to get good video and I don't to spend the time to edit shoddy footage in an attempt to spice it up. For Documentation video (which is mostly what I have right now on my "Fixed wing" playlist I just cut out the more boring parts and add in some simple fades). For a show and tell like video "Hey look at what I did with my plane" I might add some sound tracks and spend the time on editing both video and audio. If it was a presentation like a How to article I would invest a bit of time into audio regardless of how much shoddy footage I have. IMO I'd rather have motor sounds over ANY soundtrack that has been slapped onto a video (so long as it isn't documentation, test, or experimental content).

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
This thread makes me think of one of my favorite t-shirts of all time.

your_favorite_band_sucks_t_shirt-ra0850fe7587c42638d5e11a150946e0c_804gs_512.jpg

Yeah i disagree, I like the sound of the motor but if it's gonna be a video longer than a minute, then I like to have some music to groove to whether it's my cup of tea or not. But to each their own.

marc60

Why would you think i would like your music ?

Uhm...every time I post a vid I think; why do I think they'd like my video :p

But; I get hits on the tube, YES! growing ego!
But seriously, I don't mind hearing the motor in my own raw video, but not if it's 15 minutes or so. And if I don't like music, I just mute it
Grt Marc

https://www.youtube.com/user/marcrijssemus

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Not only can music make or break a video, it can also COMPLETELY change the meaning/mood of it.

Those two videos still crack me up.