Wifes first flight and the new plane I built for her!

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
I posted this elsewhere but now that there is a section for it I'll post again because I am so proud of my awesome wife!

Below is a video of her first flight. I had bought a radio for her a while back from HK when they had some great sales. I was not expecting her to get too excited but she actually really was. I went ahead and quick built her an FT flyer and we took it out. She did awesome! Lots of crashing but she actually spent a lot of time in there air. One flight lasted for 4 minutes, long enough for me to get a plane in the air and fly at the same time as her! It was awesome! I think she did better than I did the first time I tried to fly.

I was so excited that I immediately went and built one of my own DTFB adapted designs and painted it up in some of her favorite colors. She was pretty excited. The first flight of this plane didn't go as well but its back together again and ready for another try! Its an easy plane to fly but I probably jumped the gun. We'll log a few more flights on the FT flyer first before we jump back to this plane.

First flight:

Picture of us with her new plane

Justin

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
your flying buddy looks better than any of mine do.
I wish my wife had an interest in flying.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Very nice plane build. Congrats on the successful first flight too. Next time you argue together you can settle it with bloody wonders :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
After 21 years of marriage I think my wife is finally having some interest. I'm not sure if it is genuine or just to give something I like a try but regardless of the motives I'm enjoying it. If it is genuine though that might mean that we could both bring things to fly on our "couple's get-aways". If I get a Blade Glimpse maybe I can capture some of her flights. Oh the possibilities!

I'm very happy for you. What's next?