Will this ESC work on a FT Mighty Mini Arrow?

Erly4brkfst

Planning to build a arrow and wanted to know if a little be 20 amp ESC would work.
Ty
941ADED3-E774-4B78-8CEF-7CCED9EC20A4.jpeg

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
It will technically work, but it will not power your radio receiver or servos. Those need ~5V power, so you should look for an esc with a BEC (battery elemination circuit, technically it’s a 5V step down regulator).

OPTO escs do not have a BEC and are designed for applications, like quads, where you have separate voltage regulators.

Erly4brkfst

🙃

It will technically work, but it will not power your radio receiver or servos. Those need ~5V power, so you should look for an esc with a BEC (battery elemination circuit, technically it’s a 5V step down regulator).

OPTO escs do not have a BEC and are designed for applications, like quads, where you have separate voltage regulators.

Thank you

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Welcome to the Forum.
I also suggest a RSC with BEC. Will be easier to handle. The Amperage will be ok.

Kloww

Can anyone recommend a 5v BEC? I found some 2a 5v BEC's off amazon with an LC filter but I want to know what everyone else is using.

Also, I have seem some pilots suggesting adding a capacitor. Anyone have input here on size or if it is this truly necessary?