X - plane, Fun flyer!

leaded50

Legendary member
Make it in the size you want, here plan are for a 600mm wingspan. A 2205 motor will fit fine. 4X 5g or 9g servos, no problem. Its a plane that can glide nicely.. or do acrobatic, your choice. easy build! small battery, big 2200 mAh battery? you to choose.
X_plane_jp.jpg
Doesn't self-correct to level like a beginner plane would. If you bank the wing, it "stays there" until you tell it to do something else. It feels similar to a 3D pattern plane. The X shape fuselage and V-tail design allow the plane to track straight and turns can be made with ailerons bank and yank style, rudder only, or a combo of both. It can be very precise if you want.
Slows down to a crawl and stays under control.Inside or outside use, even if its light, so careful in windy conditions :)

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
do you have any pictures of a finished model and/or video of a flight of one? It looks intresting, but I would love to see it flying.

OliverW

Legendary member
Make it in the size you want, here plan are for a 600mm wingspan. A 2205 motor will fit fine. 4X 5g or 9g servos, no problem. Its a plane that can glide nicely.. or do acrobatic, your choice. easy build! small battery, big 2200 mAh battery? you to choose.
View attachment 174099 Doesn't self-correct to level like a beginner plane would. If you bank the wing, it "stays there" until you tell it to do something else. It feels similar to a 3D pattern plane. The X shape fuselage and V-tail design allow the plane to track straight and turns can be made with ailerons bank and yank style, rudder only, or a combo of both. It can be very precise if you want.
Slows down to a crawl and stays under control.Inside or outside use, even if its light, so careful in windy conditions :)
I'll have to build one as I've wanted to buy a ProXy for awhile and this looks like a much cheaper and more fun substitute

leaded50

Legendary member
do you have any pictures of a finished model and/or video of a flight of one? It looks intresting, but I would love to see it flying.

im not fully finished with the servos yet at the build, but tested as glider. Maiden one of first days. If do a search for Proxy rc on youtube, you will find many videos showing how the design functions.
Videos and pictures comes.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Here is some pictures of the build who got 580x 680mm. Some changes for motormount. The Detrum 2806 motor had a "weird rearend" with coolingribs, and a square for fastning. (thats reason for 2 profiles on one side.-) . Total weight w/2200 mAh 3s battery, 4x9g servos, 25A esc, mini reciver, and that motor : 365g (for sure can be less, eg. by other battery.)

Tail surfaces is setup as V-tail elevon/rudder. Ailerons as normal.

DSC_0234.JPG
DSC_0233.JPG
DSC_0235.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
"bloody" easy :D, and when checking the Proxy, and this is buildt as similar style, it should be a funplane! :)

im looking for my prop, who disappeared because forgot to screw it good at place, please notify me, if see it swirling around you.... :LOL: