X525 V3 Quad flies well

bmsweb

Site Moderator
where did you got your protective Dome ?

I believe it was one of those fake Security Cameras from eBay, it seemed to do a nice job :)

I really appreciate you putting up the part list there in the description because I'm going to be building one similar to this (when I get the money to!) for my first build and it's good to see all the connectors and parts I'll be needing, so thanks for that! :)

Also, I'm with KKArioKA, where'd you get your dome from? Looks like a good little feature.
I'll get JB to get off his butt and reply to this thread . . boy is he slack ;) I think he may have even emailed me a parts list some time ago. If I find it I'll post it.

Hey I recognize that kid! He is the EXCELLENT "Lake Crash" commentator!

Thurmond you cracked me up with that one :applause: Yes Thomas' 1 take crash commentary report.

cwozny

Hey J,

I just finished assembling my quadcopter with the X525 V3 frame. One modification I made which I wanted to tell you about was adding a little bar to the springloaded foot so that it doesn't smash into the fiberglass motor mount. Where you connect the spring from the boom to the fiberglass foot has another little hole going through the boom. I added one of my unused solid cylinder pieces that come with the screws so that instead of the foot smashing into the fiberglass motor mount piece, it will hit the boom instead.

jbalatutube

I actually clamp up the feet since they vibrate a lot..
Btw parts list is now on the YouTube video on my first post

To be honest I am really not liking this quad. It has the same gear as the BatQuad but is not as easy and fun to fly
The only problem is that I can't locate any of the 18mm plastic tubing to make another one
See it flying here

I will probably sell the x525 and make a H-Quad as per the latest flitetest video.

I have recently purchased a multiwii crius board for $31 from rc timer. I will try this on my tri. It has built in gyros, accelerometers, barometer and compass.. Will keep you posted..

Last edited: