• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Y Parallel Cable

I just got some Tattu 2s 450 batteries. They are a lot smaller than I thought they would be and very light. I am thinking I could use a parallel cable to join 2 together for my electric rc plane. That should give me the equivalent of 900mA. Thoughts? Has anyone done this before?

Merv

I’ve not done this, it should work, provided the batteries are about the same age. As as batteries age, the internal resistance will build. You would not want to pair a high resistance battery with a lo resistance battery. It will suck power from the low resistance pack.

The Hangar

I just got some Tattu 2s 450 batteries. They are a lot smaller than I thought they would be and very light. I am thinking I could use a parallel cable to join 2 together for my electric rc plane. That should give me the equivalent of 900mA. Thoughts? Has anyone done this before?
Yes, that will work.

leaded50

with two batterys y-connected, just remember both need be in equal state/specs. If one is lower rating, discharge effect,eg.... it will give extra stress on the other, and risk posibillitys for heating/ fire.