Ziroli P-38 build

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I know I've said it before, but absolutely amazing work! If you put the photo in black and white, I'd be hard pressed to tell that I'm looking at a model and not the real thing!

MikeJM

Finished

The day has arrived

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 3

liamnave

flyboy
FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!! FLIGHT VIDEO!!

stuffer

I won't say amazing because following your build this is no small feat but no surprise. With a base like you started with and the obvious attention to detail that is probably part of your every day life, this aircraft is a fine result that anybody, in or out of this hobby would love to have. It belongs in a museum! I built a Top Flight SR-9 kit to the Jimmy Doolittle scheme and its now in a museum somewhere. I can appreciate the time and effort it takes. Well done. (now how about that picture of the battery compartment)..........:)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Outstanding build! I swear if you had the right tarmac background and a little tilt-shift on the focus, she'd be a dead ringer for the real deal. Amazing work!

MikeJM

I won't say amazing because following your build this is no small feat but no surprise. With a base like you started with and the obvious attention to detail that is probably part of your every day life, this aircraft is a fine result that anybody, in or out of this hobby would love to have. It belongs in a museum! I built a Top Flight SR-9 kit to the Jimmy Doolittle scheme and its now in a museum somewhere. I can appreciate the time and effort it takes. Well done. (now how about that picture of the battery compartment)..........:)

OOPS I will get one today I promise!

MikeJM

Battery compartment

Here ya go, if you have any other question feel free to ask.

Attachments

• battery compartment resized 1.jpg
    battery compartment resized 1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1
  • battery compartment resized 2.jpg
    battery compartment resized 2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1
  • battery compartment resized 3.jpg
    battery compartment resized 3.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 1
  • battery compartment resized 4.jpg
    battery compartment resized 4.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 0

MikeJM

P-38 Maiden Friday August 11th

I attended the Northern Alliance Military Fly-in here in my own state of Minnesota at the Owatonna SMMAC field. I had a great time and on Friday the 11th my P-38 maidened with Jeff Q. at the controls. A quote from Jeff after the flight was " it's a Pussycat".

She looked beautiful as she lifted off the runway gained some altitude and entered into bank to the right. First flight was 4 1/2 minutes. Being electric I checked the batteries and found I only used 1/2 the potential discharge available. I flew it for the first time on Saturday and increased the flight time to 5 1/2 minutes and still had plenty of battery left. I'll slowly raise my flight times until I find the optimal time. I expect close to or to exceed 7 mins.

I should receive some pictures and a flight video from the new friends I made at NAMFI.

Mike McCormick

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Excellent! That is exactly how I approach my flight times for my large models. Calculators are a great place to start but in the end, just testing is what works best. Look forward to pics and certainly some video!

MikeJM

Excellent! That is exactly how I approach my flight times for my large models. Calculators are a great place to start but in the end, just testing is what works best. Look forward to pics and certainly some video!

See "My P-38 maiden" thread for the maiden video