ZTW 18A opto esc calibration issue

ndkpyro

I am new to the hobby and making my first quad. I am having trouble calibrating 1 of the 4 ESCs for my HMB 235. I have successfully calibrated the other 3 using clean flight but the one wont calibrate here is a video of what it is doing. I plug in the battery at full throttle then it beeps then when there are no more beeps I drop it to 0 throttle. battery is a fully charged 45-90c 1300.
I have tried it off the receiver as well and in different spots on the flight controller and it always does the same thing.
thanks for the help!

Topdawg

I just put four of these on a quad I built. I didn't have a problem, but it may be that you are waiting too long after the beeps to drop the throttle. Also try in the Cleanflight GUI to see when the motor spins up as it is now. It may be already calibrated and you are just repeating the procedure. Check it in the motors tab and see when it begins to spin and when the others begin to spin also. NO PROPS!!! Make sure you do this without props. I see in your video they are off just feel it needs to be said.

ndkpyro

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried throttleing to 0 fast and slow in clean flight , base flight, and directly from the receiver; all produce the same results as shown.

ndkpyro

No I have not. I dont any experience with flashing an ESC. They should be SimonK firmware. Here banggood link is where I got them. I don't have a specific esc programmer by do have an arduino, a usb ftdi connector, and an act pocket programmer if any of those would work. *edit corrected link

Last edited: