2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge!

JTarmstr

Elite member
Is this the official thread for this now? I posted in the older thread because I had an idea but I am not sure if I can commit to building it. I am horrible at painting, and would have to find some EDFs.

Call_of_Duty_Infinite_Warfare_Concept_Art_Mike_Hill_25_jackal-space-rear.jpg

Its basically a space YF-23.

Also though I am a Newbie pilot, I have been building aircraft for 5 or so years though (gliders, rockets and such)

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Is this the official thread for this now? I posted in the older thread because I had an idea but I am not sure if I can commit to building it. I am horrible at painting, and would have to find some EDFs.

Call_of_Duty_Infinite_Warfare_Concept_Art_Mike_Hill_25_jackal-space-rear.jpg

Its basically a space YF-23.

Also though I am a Newbie pilot, I have been building aircraft for 5 or so years though (gliders, rockets and such)

Welcome aboard! :D

Have you started a build thread yet?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Wow thanks for the support guys! I dont have a build thread started b/c I dont have the materials yet, also I am new to forums and I dont know how this works yet

Just post a new thread in the "Mad Scratch Builders" section and start sharing what's going on with the build / design / ideas / questions / frustrations / shop cats / etc :D

No need to have the materials handy to get started on the planning - and as a general rule almost everyone who joins in the build challenge follows everyone else's build threads to so a lot of folks with experience and neat ideas can all help you get going or get over tough spots (y)

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Hi guys I want to join the challenge, too.
But I didnt know what to do. Here are a few Ideas I had. Please tell meine what you like the most.
Focke Wulf Ta 283:
This is more a WWII concept thing and would have fitted last years challenge pretty well, too, and it just looks beautiful.
1200px-FW_TA-238_pic1.JPG

Air Hogs Storm Launcher:
Its a crazy toy plane, but it also might be a ton of fun. I especially like the all terrain thing.
SL1.jpg

Flite Test Gremlin poster plane:
I dont know If this fits the challenge, but I would Love to see it fly.
IMAG0111.jpg

JTarmstr

Elite member
The TA 283 looks nice. Maybe a twin 55mm EDF setup? its your choice though, I would suggest building the one that you think looks the best and suits your designing abilities.

Zephyr1

Elite member
Ok, so I'm in for this challenge as well. I'm going to do the Avengers quinjet from Civil War/Infinity War (not the SHIELD or AoU version) because it has control surfaces on the tail. I would love to try the SHIELD version and attempt VTOL but I'm going to attempt the simpler version first.
Quinjet.jpg

Avengers Quinjet

Quinjet 2 View.jpg

SHIELD version

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Ok, so I'm in for this challenge as well. I'm going to do the Avengers quinjet from Civil War/Infinity War (not the SHIELD or AoU version) because it has control surfaces on the tail. I would love to try the SHIELD version and attempt VTOL but I'm going to attempt the simpler version first.
View attachment 113874
Avengers Quinjet

View attachment 113875
SHIELD version
Welcome aboard! :D

Do you have a build thread started yet?