What did you crash today

OliverW

Legendary member
I got as close as you can get to crashing twice. Had my wing slide out and then the next day I did the lowest blender possible and smacked the rudder hard and was dragging it for about 6 feet.
20190823_194608.jpg
20190824_152433.jpg

daxian

Elite member
hi ...my first all ft foamboard plane is the ft goblin....got out with the ft goblin this morning ,maiden went well ...boy ...sure is fast !!! full throttle climbs verticle WOW !! had to do a little trimming, had a little left roll and was a little nose heavey.. but other than that... peachy perfect !! landed ok first time ..so moved the cg back a little ..which made it a bit more pitch sensitive but flew perfect ...till i got over confident and tried inverted ....ooops !! #landed ...needs a little reinforcement in that area i think !!!

Attachments

• goblin.jpg
    goblin.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • landed.jpg
    landed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

nesteffe

#landed ...needs a little reinforcement in that area i think !!!

You aren't the first to discover this issue :) If you have a 3D printer look around on Thingiverse, there are a number of options for printed reinforcements, otherwise there is always packing tape, carbon fiber, BBQ skewers, or balsa.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
So I took out my Mini Scout Biplane today to warm up for the maiden of my FT Spitfire. All was well until I tried to fly inverted!

More practice needed. Lesson learned. I ripped the top wing off and broke the prop, but she's fully repairable and will go back up on my next flying session!

sundown57

Legendary member
So I took out my Mini Scout Biplane today to warm up for the maiden of my FT Spitfire. All was well until I tried to fly inverted!

More practice needed. Lesson learned. I ripped the top wing off and broke the prop, but she's fully repairable and will go back up on my next flying session!
great flight and great looking plane. trying inverted is how i crashed my FT-3D the other day.

Headbang

Master member
What kind of experiment did you do to the seaduck and do you have differential thrust for yaw?
It had a fully symmetrical wing, 220% more aileron surface, 250% more elevator surface, 200% more rudder surface. I had differential thrust on a switch so I could do just rudder, just differential thrust, or both. I have a build thread, will be building another, next time i will be running 3 blade 9x7 props on 4s with 650W motrofly motors and 50amp escs

JennyC6

Elite member
Had an ok day at Peeler today. NexSTAR flew, had a flight with a Mini Recruit, and I yeeted my ancient Aerostar 40 in the skies.

The Aerostar went in hard. I tried a loop and the dowels holding the leading edge onto the fuse just tore out. I chopped the throttle as it went in, engine's fine, fuse is easily repairable. But I could not find the wing.

IMG_20190906_151229.jpg

IMG_20190906_151236.jpg

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Had an ok day at Peeler today. NexSTAR flew, had a flight with a Mini Recruit, and I yeeted my ancient Aerostar 40 in the skies.

The Aerostar went in hard. I tried a loop and the dowels holding the leading edge onto the fuse just tore out. I chopped the throttle as it went in, engine's fine, fuse is easily repairable. But I could not find the wing.

IMG_20190906_151229.jpg

IMG_20190906_151236.jpg
Wow! That is one HECK of a lawn dart! I'm glad the engine is good and the fuse is repairable. Weird that the wing disappeared on you. It sucks losing a plane that way, but what a cool story! :D