Flight Controllers.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Here is a video to get an OSD with all the goodies with out a flight controller. In part 2 he adds GPS with an arrow pointing the way home.
Unless you need waypoints, the only other thing you need is stability, that is a 3 or 6 axis gyro.

IcedStorm777

Ok, so I know i am probably not going to get an answer because this channel is kind of dead but i have a few questions.

I am reattempting my matek project. So I have a F411 wing and a BN-180 GPS unit. I am just about to get a Runcam Hybrid 2 and a Runcam TX 200U. My wing doesn't have pins either soldered or included. How would I connect all this? I am hoping to have flaperons, differential thrust, no yaw control (Except differential) and one elevator servo. I am also wanting to have an OSD. So as far as hardware is that all compatible/how would i physically connect it? Once it is all connected how much coding will i need. Thanks in advance!

IcedStorm777

Ok, so I know i am probably not going to get an answer because this channel is kind of dead but i have a few questions.

I am reattempting my matek project. So I have a F411 wing and a BN-180 GPS unit. I am just about to get a Runcam Hybrid 2 and a Runcam TX 200U. My wing doesn't have pins either soldered or included. How would I connect all this? I am hoping to have flaperons, differential thrust, no yaw control (Except differential) and one elevator servo. I am also wanting to have an OSD. So as far as hardware is that all compatible/how would i physically connect it? Once it is all connected how much coding will i need. Thanks in advance!

And also, it looks like for the ESC slots, their is only a S1 and G and S2 and G. My ESC's have three wires that usually plug into a receiver. Here is what I am using for ESC's:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HET04EQ/?tag=lstir-20

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
your ESCs have a BEC in them then, you just connect the ground to the pin and the signal to the signal pin, don't connect the BEC pin to anything (and insulate the connector so it doesn't bump something).

IcedStorm777

FYI I mean the F411 wen i say my wing.

your ESCs have a BEC in them then, you just connect the ground to the pin and the signal to the signal pin, don't connect the BEC pin to anything (and insulate the connector so it doesn't bump something).

Ok awesome, thank you so much!! How would I figure out which wires are the ground, signal, and BEC?

IcedStorm777

So quick question, I am using an AR6200, Matek F411 Wing, Runcam Hybrid 2, and Runcam TX200U. So I am wanting to connect all of this together, I am good enough at soldering to solder the motors on but not to solder this stuff up, thus I am looking for an adapter. The Matek F411 Wing uses all JR connection for these parts. It looks like the AR6200, the Runcam Hybrid, and the TX200 all use the same kind of connector (the TX200U has a Two pin and a three pin but everything else is 3 pin.) What is the name of the connectors the reciever, camera, vtx use? I am hoping to get a JR to whatever that connection is so I can just plug it in. Thanks!

IcedStorm777

So i ended up figuring that out, now my only other question for now is about the connection system. I am using the same gear listed above. So normally, if you weren't using an OSD, the runcam hybrid 2 and TX200U would connect directly together via a three pin wire, this would leave three pins left on the TX200U, a power wire via a 2 pin connector and a green pin labeled IRC Tramp (no clue what this is but i believe i don't need it. However, when you are connecting for an OSD (i am getting this from the matek F411 Wing wiring diagram) it shows you plugging the camera directly into the board (makes sense) and the 2 pin power connector from the TX200U being plugged into the board (also makes sense) where i get confused is this, the matek website only shows TWO wires going from said vtx to the board while the tx200u uses a three pin... is that right? Links below to the info i am using:

https://www.runcam.com/download/Hybrid2/RC_Hybrid2_Manual_EN.pdf

https://www.runcam.com/download/RunCam_TX200U_manual.pdf

http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=f411-wing#tab-id-3