2015 Hoverboard anyone?

tim1232k

You guys have got me bit by the bug forsure.:applause: I have been flying for a few years now but nothing to expensive more to get my wings wet, but because of the show and excellent people I have started scratch buildin and upgrading. I live in iowa so our weather is pretty unpredictable which can make for a fun experience. However being its 2015 is any one game to see a remote controlled hoverboard?:confused: I cannot be the only one wanting to fly a life size hoverboard. I think it would be an amazing build and many would enjoy such a thing. I haven't found any plans or even someone whom has made it happen. FLITETEST GO! It would be a test to make it look like the one from back to the future but also as aerodynamic as possible.:black_eyed:

Attachments

• 5162490883_7c4f7c7bb4_z.jpg
    5162490883_7c4f7c7bb4_z.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 396

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
This was amazing, I hope it will become more reality by october 2015 haha.

Why? have a big metal deck you want to hover over?

A cool setup, sure, but it's not functional over any surface. Has to be metal, and sufficiently thick enough to hold the eddy currents that repel the magnetic board.

Cute idea . . . really cute, but vaporware, IMO. They speak of other applications (building foundations? really?!?), but if they can't build venture capital for large scale applications, but instead opt for a gimmick like this they're either poor presenters (their kickstarter presentation says otherwise) or lying so clearly those in the industry won't believe them.

Last edited:

tim1232k

Why? have a big metal deck you want to hover over?

A cool setup, sure, but it's not functional over any surface. Has to be metal, and sufficiently thick enough to hold the eddy currents that repel the magnetic board.

Cute idea . . . really cute, but vaporware, IMO. They speak of other applications (building foundations? really?!?), but if they can't build venture capital for large scale applications, but instead opt for a gimmick like this they're either poor presenters (their kickstarter presentation says otherwise) or lying so clearly those in the industry won't believe them.

I agree with you! Its kinda gimmicky for sure but its at least some step forward? kind of lol...I don't care too much about there product currently but I will watch and wait to see what is next.

In the mean time however my idea of a remote control would be awesome. I'm actually working on trying to make a prototype as I speak or type rather.

Thinking more quad design but would love to see what others come up with. I am working out the basics for my style as I really only want it to fly no more than 24" off the ground. Of course that's easier set than done but I am sure I will get something and show everyone soonish.