• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

3D Pen

basslord1124

So my wife got me a 3D Pen for Christmas. I knew they had 3D printers but I have never heard of a 3D pen. Looks pretty neat and I am curious to see what I can create with it. I figure as far as RC planes go, I'd like to see if I can do control horns with it OR just whatever else that comes up. Anybody else have experience with these and have any tips on using one?

3d pen.jpg

Hondo76251

My son got one a few years ago from his mother. I played with it some and thought it was pretty cool. It's just a free hand 3d printer! 😄 It does take some patience but you can build about anything with one. Firewalls, control horns, ribs, bulkheads... or just go plum crazy like this guy...

basslord1124

That video is pretty sweet. Not sure if I want to go that elaborate with one, but it is nice to see other people create some amazing things with it.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
My experience with one was that it was difficult to get it to print cleanly - that is, I couldn't get it to print a smooth, straight line, no matter how hard I tried. It can clearly be used to make impressive models based on the guy who did a Smaug model, but I've got a feeling he has the hands of surgeon to get to that point...