4 meter Plank - Build thread

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Yeah you think it will be just fine, one side is white the other dark colors. But than you just happen to hit that sun just right and they become the same while inverted lol

thenated0g

Mentor
Wrapped up until i can get out to maiden it.
IMG_20200730_184008.jpg

thenated0g

Mentor
@Jackson T that video explains it really well, but TLDR S-Glass gives you about 30% more strength over E and i think about 15% more rigidity. S-glass is is stronger than Carbon fiber of the same weight and significantly cheaper. If strength or cost is your main focus go S-glass. If lightness or rigidity is your focus go carbon.

Jackson T

Elite member
@Jackson T that video explains it really well, but TLDR S-Glass gives you about 30% more strength over E and i think about 15% more rigidity. S-glass is is stronger than Carbon fiber of the same weight and significantly cheaper. If strength or cost is your main focus go S-glass. If lightness or rigidity is your focus go carbon.
Thanks for explaining. What type would the cheap hobbyking cloth be? Do S and E glass define the actual glass fibres or the weave or something?

thenated0g

Mentor
@Matthewdupreez i know i know.
i dont have any good spots locally to fly and with covid keeping us local it just hasnt happened. First weekend in may we have our annual sunset slope event south of san francisco, so in about 6 weeks or so it should get its maiden.