40" Dehavilland Tiger Moth

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey all,
as most of you know, I'm a freshman in college right now, and that means that I have very limited access to my normal equipment and tools. Still, I've kept building and dumpster diving for parts. Then I saw the scale build offs. :p This isn't an entry, just my own take on a scale plane made from very common materials available almost anywhere. It's basically a 125% clone of the GWS pico moth, and is a prototype for several new construction techniques. Anyway, here's the progress on my tiggy.:D
IMG_3153.JPG IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG

She is made out of dollar tree foam board covered with hobby king wing tape, the struts are coffee stir sticks from our coffee shop, and the cowling is mocked up from foam and poster board. It is around 32" long and has a 40" wing span, and uses 4 servos. Ailerons on the lower wing only (scale) and will probably have a 2836 1100 kv motor spinning a 9x5 prop on a 3 cell 3000 for power. As soon as I can get to a hobby shop, I'll get the motor and landing gear installed. I'm hoping to maiden it within a week.

jamboree1

You might have yours done before me. I have been working on one, check nerdnics moth minor build final pages

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I would if I knew how to make them in a pdf version. It also didn't fly terribly well, the maiden flight I lost my top wing. I'm willing to try to make plans if there is some interest though. :)