48" Twin 70mm F15 Scratchbuild.

Splinter189

Master member
Maiden flight on a pair of F15s. One has twin 70mm EDFs and the other a Flite Test C pack.

Few bugs to work out. The most significat changw will be improved cobtrol surfaces. Really happy with overall performance on both.
DSC_0128-02.jpeg
DSC_0133-01.jpeg
DSC_0114-02.jpeg
DSC_0126-01.jpeg
DSC_0137-01.jpeg
DSC_0078-01.jpeg
DSC_0551-01.jpeg
DSC_0555-01.jpeg
DSC_0533-01.jpeg
DSC_0399-01.jpeg
20181121_095028-01.jpeg
20181121_111216(0)-01.jpeg
20181121_114714-01.jpeg
DSC_0426-01.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC_0155-01.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0187-01.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0399-01.jpeg
    DSC_0399-01.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0559-01.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
Gorgeous builds, well beyond my skill level. A lot of separate pieces and a lot of glue to get a finished product, but the end result looks great and I bet is fairly easy to repair. Great flight with the f-15, despite whatever stability issues you are having. I hope everything works out well with the build.

cgoffroad

I've been waiting for this since this post started. almost 2 years! same goes for just about all the BDF style jets...

Delays this long and I start to suspect there are licencing issues going on behind the scenes. I have sold some of my intellectual property and unless the buyer pulls out the giant checkbook, there was a lot of time lost to royalty and rights negotiations. From the looks of things, model making is a source of income for him. Releasing plans on the internet without securing a way to generate income from them is poor economics. He is working with Flitetest to release the models under their brand, and until Flitetest is ready to open the checkbook there wont be much more then pretty pictures, I know I'll lose some imaginary internet points for saying this, but don't hold your breath for these or any of the master built plans.

Splinter189

Master member
Delays this long and I start to suspect there are licencing issues going on behind the scenes. I have sold some of my intellectual property and unless the buyer pulls out the giant checkbook, there was a lot of time lost to royalty and rights negotiations. From the looks of things, model making is a source of income for him. Releasing plans on the internet without securing a way to generate income from them is poor economics. He is working with Flitetest to release the models under their brand, and until Flitetest is ready to open the checkbook there wont be much more then pretty pictures, I know I'll lose some imaginary internet points for saying this, but don't hold your breath for these or any of the master built plans.

lol, that's pretty imaginative, but no. Focus is currently on F18 and F16 which use BDFs. Once these get release, I intend to do full redesigns on earlier jets.

cgoffroad

lol, that's pretty imaginative, but no. Focus is currently on F18 and F16 which use BDFs. Once these get release, I intend to do full redesigns on earlier jets.

Thank you for the update, I did not intend to come across as rude. Its not imaginative, simply my experiences with product development. Good luck with your F18 and F16 releases.

usaserres

Incredible work!!! You are bringing so much to the hobby!!!
How about the Tomcat? Any foreseen plans or kit? That is my favorite plane!