4S 1300mAh batteries for Mini Swappables

thrttlup

Hi,

coming from multirotors, I have plenty of 4S 1300mAh batteries in my lipo box. Being limited in physical storage size, I would like to build the mini swappables (Mustang, Sportster etc.) slightly adjusted to take 9g servos and a 4S setup. Do you think the mini planes will manage the weight of the lipo and be maneuverable?

Thanks!

Morgan

The mini sportster should be ok if you have some flying experience . On a 800 3s I found it very docile . If you don't have any experience I would recomend the tiny trainer.

thrttlup

Make sure what power set up you use can handle 4S
I am flying a pretty powerful setup on 4S right now with an FT Edge and an FT3D. I would like to transfer the FT3D setup to a mighty mini, knowing that it will be overpowered ;). I am just lacking the experience regarding AUW and required plane size.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Okay, so from my understanding, it is not recommended to fly the Mini swappables on 1300mAh 4S lipos.

Aside from weight, available space is limited. Those battery compartments are pretty small. They would be good for a C Pack size plane though.

Last edited:

Chuppster

I recommend using batteries that weigh less than 90g in mighty minis because there isn't a ton of room in them. The batteries you listed should work great for the larger ft aircraft, though!

Flyer4god

I doubt that would work. It will land like a rocket due to weight haha. I flew my mini mustang with 600mah 4s batt and that was as much as I could even fit inside. And it felt heavy. Let us know if you try these batts in a mini.

Brett_N

Build an FT3D - it'll fly fine with a 30A ESC on 4S 1300's - I fly mine on that setup with a 2836 900kV motor up front, and it's such a simple build.

It's a tad heavy setup for the mini's since you'd need to swing such a small prop....

thrttlup

Build an FT3D - it'll fly fine with a 30A ESC on 4S 1300's - I fly mine on that setup with a 2836 900kV motor up front, and it's such a simple build.

It's a tad heavy setup for the mini's since you'd need to swing such a small prop....

The FT3Ds I’ve built for the 4S 1300mAh packs have been flying fine. But they are too much of a hassle for me regarding transportation.
I also have an Edge540, which I don’t fly because it’s so large and makes transportation too difficult for me.

That’s why I’m looking for smaller setups.
But it’s ok, I’ll go with smaller lipos.

Thank you all.

Brianna81

Aside from weight, available space is limited. Those battery compartments are pretty small. They would be good for a C Pack size plane though.
I know this is an older post, but I just built a tiny trainer with my own interpretation of Hai-Lee's larger battery mod. It fits my 2S 1000 mAh very comfortably, and my 3S 1000 mAh fits pretty good as well. Those are my only 2 batteries so I can't vouch for anything else, but, as long as they're not a whole lot bigger, they will "probably" fit. Though I'm thinking you'd have to add weight to the tail to balance CG. Otherwise you'd probably have to move the battery so far back that it likely wouldn't fit. Just my $0.02, and I haven't even flown mine yet lol, so take it with a grain of salt :)