59 year old newbie - adding more planes

Jimun

Elite member
New wing made for the TT:

TT new wing.JPG

Maybe to the rc field tomorrow. It has been kind of windy so I am hoping for it to slow down a bit.

bracesport

Legendary member
@Jimun - nice to a fleet of TT's - I just decommissioned mine this morning as it had one too many dings - the TT flies so wonderfully I need to decide whether to build another one - looks like you have a few things on the go on the bench!

Jimun

Elite member
@Jimun - nice to a fleet of TT's - I just decommissioned mine this morning as it had one too many dings - the TT flies so wonderfully I need to decide whether to build another one - looks like you have a few things on the go on the bench!
Yes I do. I have a spare nose done and a fuselage started and the nose and tail of a speed build Explorer that I need to finish. I also have a speed build Simple Cub. And I also will be starting a FT Spitfire and Corsair.

I just try to keep the TT flyable first to keep practicing and then I work on the others. If I can't fly tomorrow because of wind I will try to finish the Explorer and maybe start the Simple Cub.

mayan

Legendary member
@bracesport keeping a TT flyable at all times is a great thing to do, as it's a very forgiving easy going plane to fly. Yesterday I decided to get more practice on the TT like I used to get. I feel that all the other planes are fun but I want to not only fly well but feel in control and the more I practice especially with the TT I feel more confident in my skills and thus every plane becomes easier to handle off the bat.

@Jimun great job man. Looking forward to seeing you try other models soon.

Jimun

Elite member
Here are a couple videos from yesterday at the local RC Air Field. This was my second time there. I got there about 1pm and no one else was there. Another flyer did show up when I was done for the day.
I did okay, had a couple of hard landings and ended playing lawn dart:ROFLMAO:.

Playing lawn dart cause a bit of damage:eek:. Wires pulled out of connector again:mad:, broke control horn on aileron servo shortened the nose and fuselage about 1/2" and I think the wing is cracked. Oh and a servo came loose in the fuselage.

Back to the shop to get her ready again:D

Jimun

Elite member
@Jimun - nice - looks like you are flying fast and smooth - what about that weather, looks like you guys fly in heaven!
Thanks @bracesport. The weather in this area is wind. I live in a pass between to mountains and it is always windy. Some times it does calm down but it does not last long. This air field being down in the canyon seems to be a little less windy then up in the pass. Weather is heating up and pretty soon everyting dries out and turns from green to brown. But we do get a lot of sun.

Jimun

Elite member
Here are pictures with some off last weeks damage.

Last weeks damage 1.JPG

Last weeks damage 2.JPG

Got it fixed up again yesterday. I wanted to get out and fly today but by the time I could the wind had picked up. So I went home and took a nap. Then I did a little bit more on the Explorer and finished the fuselage and tail on TT spare part.

Explorer 01.JPG

Now I need to get the wings done and I will have 2 planes to take next time. Looking on going next weekend, it's a 4 day weekend for me:D.

After the Explorer wings I will start on the Simple Cub and then the Corsair.:D I am thinking I might have at least 1 whole day of building, with some flying of course:LOL:. I plane on more practice with the TT, maiden the Explorer and the Simple Cub:unsure::D

Jimun

Elite member
I got some painting done on the FT Explorer

Explorer 04.JPG

Explorer 05.JPG

Not the best. I was just wanting to get some color on the plane. I did not prep the surface. Just need to Paint the top of the stabilizer and the paint job will be done. Then install servos in the wings and install the ESC and see how everything works.:D:D

Jimun

Elite member
All the parts are done, wing servos are now installed, esc and receiver are connected and I just need to program the Tx for it and it will be ready to maiden. No flying today, to windy, so I got the Explorer almost ready to fly. Maybe by the end of the day.

Explorer 06.JPG

Explorer 07.JPG

Paint job is not perfect, got some overspray. I was kind of rushing the painting.

I have built several parts for the TT. All together I think about 3 or 4 planes worth. :ROFLMAO:
The Explorer is my second FTFB plane that I have built and I am also working on my 3rd - The Master Series Corsair which you can follow the build of @kilroy07 , @mayan and I at the Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir three Planes full!. thread.
Here is how far I got yesterday

Corsair 04.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
All the parts are done, wing servos are now installed, esc and receiver are connected and I just need to program the Tx for it and it will be ready to maiden. No flying today, to windy, so I got the Explorer almost ready to fly. Maybe by the end of the day.

View attachment 135583

View attachment 135584

Paint job is not perfect, got some overspray. I was kind of rushing the painting.

I have built several parts for the TT. All together I think about 3 or 4 planes worth. :ROFLMAO:
The Explorer is my second FTFB plane that I have built and I am also working on my 3rd - The Master Series Corsair which you can follow the build of @kilroy07 , @mayan and I at the Baa Baa Black Sheep, Have you any wool? Yes Sir, Yes Sir three Planes full!. thread.
Here is how far I got yesterday
Paint job looks perfect from here :)