" the battery connects incorrectly"

Alibas

i recently bought 2 tattu 850 mAh and when i plugged one of them into my turnigy e3, it says the battery connects incorrectly. can i fix this somehow, and what should i do?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
you plugging in the balance plug as well as power plugs? is so, are you plugging the balance plug into the correct cell count?

post a pic, it say's a thousand words.

good luck,

me :cool:

Alibas

the e3 only flashes some LEDs to communicate the issue but plugging in the balance plug is impossible to get wrong and it works just fine on both the other identical 850mAh and a 2200mAh

Alibas

Dont know if this is much to go off of but here

Attachments

• 20200807_012947.jpg
    20200807_012947.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Try pushing the balance plug wires in, one at a time. Sometimes an individual wire hang up and not get connected.
Try gently tugging on each individual wire going into the battery. Sometimes one wire will break free from the solder joint inside the battery pack.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
do you have a battery tester, or a multi meter? you need to check and make sure one of the cells isn't dead. if one was, then it would give you an error message like that.

good luck,

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Look at the crimp ends for each wire on the balance connector. Sometimes they get inserted too far and just grab the casing and not make good electrical connection.

If you have a multi meter you can also test this by checking between each pair of wires. They should add evenly depending on the charge state across the connector. For example black and first red wire would be 3.6v black to second wire should be 7.2 or if you just shift over a pair it should again be 3.6 ish. and so on across that connector.

Just be VERY careful not to touch the leads of your meter together when working in such a tight area as that would be quite dramatic and possibly damage the battery and or the meter

Alibas

you plugging in the balance plug as well as power plugs? is so, are you plugging the balance plug into the correct cell count?

post a pic, it say's a thousand words.

good luck,

I had misunderstood the manualand the issue was voltage differential being too high, what can i do?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you select the proper cell count / voltage in the menu? they all have a safety feature that wont allow you to charge with out proper cell count match and some warnings can be confusing in that regard.

Alibas

Did you select the proper cell count / voltage in the menu? they all have a safety feature that wont allow you to charge with out proper cell count match and some warnings can be confusing in that regard.
my charger is barebones and there is no menu, just plug in the balance lead and it starts charging

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i'm guessing you have a bad cell. you really need to check them with a multi-meter. if a cell is below 3v it will not want to charge.

my recommendation would be to return it if possible.

sorry,

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
my charger is barebones and there is no menu, just plug in the balance lead and it starts charging

Oh mate.. if that is one of them tiny black box freebies throw that in the bin before it burns your house down. Peak detection and lipos DONT mix well. Spend 10 dollars on a cheapie multimeter and 40- 50 dollars on a B6 clone charger. That will be your best hobby investment as well as keep you up on the status of your batteries while NOT burning your house down. Lipos aint no joke check out you tube with all the knuckleheads exploding batteries for views.