76" Tiger Moth Project.

Should I build this electric, gas, or 4c glow?

• Total voters

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
That is a very nice looking plane. You know it's really a shame that the makers of these kits can't spend the extra $0.30 and slip a few sheets of foam between the panels to prevent the customer having to repair before they assemble. They take the time to produce a beautiful replica aircraft, wrap each panel carefully in plastic, then they jam it into a flimsy box that offers no protection whatsoever. It only stands to reason that there will be some degree of damage to the contents since, in many cases, the kit will be shipped 7 ~10k miles and be mishandled the entire trip. In any case, enjoy the build and I look forward to seeing this one in the air. Congrats on the new plane.

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Thank you, dejad. I'm going ahead and adding some wood so I can use the point hinges.

elevatorhinging1.jpg

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I decided to just remove a whole strip of covering. That way I can see what's underneath and also be able to recover with a single piece of ultracote instead of several smaller patches, make it look more even.

elevatorhinging4.jpg

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Robart Hing Point test fit. This is the first time I've used these and man are they nice. Take longer to install than CA hinges but they sure are smooth and look professional!

elevatorhinging10.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Those are sweet. How do you like the hobbyking ones? I was looking at them a minute ago but they don't look as strong.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Finished. There are a few wrinkles I couldn't get out but this is the underside of the elevators so not too big a deal.

elevatorhinging13.jpg

elevatorhinging14.jpg