800mm FT Mustang

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Ya lately. I have been using alot of fiber tape amd i used it across this power pod. And ya ive been threw some powerfull motors and learned some of them flaws. But ya that will have to be something to watch. Might have to put some thought into fixing this. Well have to try something in the future.

jayz 84

Ok nerdnic heres the hatch idea CAM00326.jpg
Start. With your normal fuse with the top 3 formers.
Next plane out where you want to start and end your hatch i started mine at the back of the fwd former and made it 7in long. The you want to cut it a 1/4in down on the sides making a lid

jayz 84

Then you want to make another fwd former#1 and two more aft#3. Glue #1 on fwd side of hatch and #3 on the aft hatch and one on the fuse just behind the aft one the hatch CAM00329.jpg

jayz 84

Next i build some pieces under the hatch so i can run barbeque skewers threw to hold the hatch on CAM00330.jpg
Then place hatch back on fuse and glue on the top fuse CAM00331.jpg
When your done doing that then cut a line between the double formers to finish the hatch CAM00333.jpg

jayz 84

Then all you need to do is install the wing and line the center of the wing with Velcro a place battery wheres needed that how i built my v1 mustang except For the power pod and it was so much easier CAM00332.jpg

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Wow that looks great! I am definitely going to give it a try. I think I have some magnets that I can use too instead of the two extra skewers.

When do you plan to maiden her?

jayz 84

Ya im out of magnets so till i get some its skewers. Hoping to have it finished saturday night hopefully sunday mornin . She'll Fly

jayz 84

If you do the hatch and do use magnets. still add the long formers that are under the hatch that I put the skewers threw helps keep the area and fuse side walls strong in that area, plus I seal all foam edges with hot glue the keep it strong and help prevent ware. I do it on all my foam edges and hot glue hinges for the controls

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yeah good call, I do the same and it really extends the life of the foam. Are you going to be able to get a video of your maiden?

jayz 84

No probably not i dont have a camera at the moment except. On my phone have to buy a new one

jayz 84

Think my bird is gonna end up on the heavy side when im done im hitting 700gram with just a 1800mah 4s

jayz 84

Ya kinda over did it on fiber taping the wing im guessing but cant wait to fly her this weekend. ? Never had a bird of this small size vs weight hand lanching how much power you using to lanch. Never been over 550 on a 800mm

jayz 84

Im use to fast but not fast and heavy. Ive allways tried to say in the wing load

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
About half. She'll torque roll pretty good on launch so make sure you're ready to correct to the right. Also launch at a hard 45, get some altitude on your throw and you'll be fine.

Take it easy on sharp turns until you get a feel for how she reacts.

jayz 84

Ya gotta love the torque roll. But thanks on the tips man ill keep it in mind. And with the weight ill really make sure im easy on the turns. Till i get use to it