A couple of power pack and model questions

NikoRC

Hello all,

So, I did it. After several weeks I ended my simple cub "maker foam" kit. This was the first FT model I built and mistakes were made during the build process. I accepted that and flew it anyways and have had a blast while it lasted. A mixture of the weather and to try out a FT build were what promoted the premature retirement of said model. I now see why painting or combination of painting and minwax can be a great thing. The first time I took the plane out, there may have been 13-15 mph winds and I got greedy after the first successful flight + landing and lawn darted it along with hitting the wing when it happened causing the bbq skewer on the leading edge to tear itself a bigger hole vertically in the fuselage. Lesson learned, a few dewy mornings of flying before work, later we now have a paper peeling dented, dinged and in some parts down right broken simple cub. But! It was a blast to fly for the last few weeks.

Now we get on to the meat and potatoes of this post.

I want to build a war bird besides my mighty mini corsair and am open to suggestions on the standard size war birds, I would like to try out a master series kit but if the posts suggest otherwise, I'm willing to try the spitfire or P40 / P47 regular kits just to attempt to fly a bird like that. It will be getting painted with some sort of scheme at least to help aid in water resistance. Any of the kits I am planning on creating some sort of landing gear, as I need to practice landing with gear for another plane that I bought before I embraced the FT ways of RC fixed wing.

I have available a power pack "B" from the simple cub and was wondering if I could get away with that in any of the war birds? I know they call for a "C" but funds are not yet there for adding another power pack when the B is still functional. If I can't get away with a power pack B in the war birds, I also have a bushwaker kit in the closet and have no real interests in flying aerobatics but would like some suggestions on how to make it fly more like a scale bush plane? I have a set of 3" dubros that could be used on it instead of the foam board wheels. Either option would be my plunge into 4ch flite test planes until my tiny trainer and a few other models show up in the mail.

If you have ideas, or know of some answers. Thanks for the help on my previous post and those ideas are being taken as solid advice from people who know a lot better than I. Let me know if you have suggestions as I am still wrapping my head around all this.

Thanks,

Niko

Innaviation

If you only have a power pack B motor chances are it won't have enough power for a master series plane but a regular spitfire, P40 or P47 would work fine. If you want the war bird to fly like a bush you would probably want a bigger motor on it but flying it like a bush will mostly depend on how you maneuver the plane so there's not much more you could change about the plane itself.

NikoRC

Thanks for the response, I would like to try a warbird. I was just saying if the B wouldn't work. I could build the bushwaker I have instead of a warbird. I would just be wondering how to make it a bit less aerobatic besides dumbing down the rates.

Innaviation

Thanks for the response, I would like to try a warbird. I was just saying if the B wouldn't work. I could build the bushwaker I have instead of a warbird. I would just be wondering how to make it a bit less aerobatic besides dumbing down the rates.
Ohh, well if you want to make it less aerobatic you could add more Dihedral. The smaller motor would help with that as well.