A Plea to FliteTest

Flion

If you read this @joshbixler I wish u would stop all the click bait and go back to 2 videos a week of y’all doing cool s around edge water... stuff like the servo car....it doesn’t have to be bigger and better than ever before...and when are the speed build monster series coming out!? Love the zero tho! But why soooo many adds! Sorry about hijaking this thread... 😣

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
If you read this @joshbixler I wish u would stop all the click bait and go back to 2 videos a week of y’all doing cool s around edge water... stuff like the servo car....it doesn’t have to be bigger and better than ever before...and when are the speed build monster series coming out!? Love the zero tho! But why soooo many adds! Sorry about hijaking this thread... 😣
Thats another issue with ft now...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
FT seems to be on auto pilot since there is no Chad Kapper involved. Its a monster that has been created by man but can not be controlled by humans. Its only focus is money and has gone into spiral because of it. I am a huge supporter of FT and the idea, but it seems the focus has been lost. Maybe its not a Chad Kapper thing and just coincidence in timing but it sure seems to be more then just skewed, its off the rails

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
having watched through the videos, there was a "this is something we are doing for 'fun'" phase, then a more commercial phase.... then I wonder if there was some break (somehow) when Chad went on to start rotor riot... but one of the biggest changes that I saw seemed to be around when the FAA started changing things in a way that makes it looks like it could take out the hobby. I think that started causing some diversification in the business model that FT is doing, to help weather various storms that might happen.

Also, I think there is a big disconnect with what will draw the 'random youtuber' to FT and what would draw someone who is already into the market.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
They used to be all about getting beginners into the hobby. To be fair they have to make a living...
They do have to pay for all the big investments they have made into Edgewater.

Maybe as a new beginner you wouldn't know the difference between now and then, but for me only being in this a year and a half i have seen the changes from the new content when i started to the new content now. And I am sure there will be more changes that will go noticed by someone just getting into the hobby today as compared to a year in the future. The cycle continues

having watched through the videos, there was a "this is something we are doing for 'fun'" phase, then a more commercial phase.... then I wonder if there was some break (somehow) when Chad went on to start rotor riot... but one of the biggest changes that I saw seemed to be around when the FAA started changing things in a way that makes it looks like it could take out the hobby. I think that started causing some diversification in the business model that FT is doing, to help weather various storms that might happen.

Also, I think there is a big disconnect with what will draw the 'random youtuber' to FT and what would draw someone who is already into the market.

I can probably point out at least two recent threads where someone has said they have been a fan of the vids for a year or more even before they started to think of doing this for themselves. I have seen so many like this in the past too. So I think just the draw of the hobby from just an average YouTuber who never even considered this as a hobby they would be interested in is huge regardless of when the content came out or the message it presents, from any angle.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I can probably point out at least two recent threads where someone has said they have been a fan of the vids for a year or more even before they started to think of doing this for themselves. I have seen so many like this in the past too. So I think just the draw of the hobby from just an average YouTuber who never even considered this as a hobby they would be interested in is huge regardless of when the content came out or the message it presents, from any angle.

yah, I think that is what I was getting at... basically their 'youtube' market is more then people who are already hobbyist. FT videos are what got me interested... mind you it was some of the [some what] older content more then the newer stuff. I would love to see more of the Peter Sripol and/or David Windestal type stuff. But they both approach the stuff from points of view that are ones that are more interesting to me (the tech behind making interesting things happening... the vtols and other creative things like that).

However, I know what I like the most, isn't what 'youtube at large' likes. I have never once wanted to see anything that was on 'trending'. I also realize that even FT's current content isn't the same as that. But there is a range of content types that are out there and I would guess that some of these challenges do really good per the analytics, even if some of the 'regulars' are quick to comment about their dislike for that content.

Timmy

Legendary member
I haven't commented on this because I wanted to see what other peeps thought. But yeah, flite test is going for money rather than peeps nowadays