After the EZ Pack

dylanbeaudette

Hi, we have got a lot of use out of the 2-channel EZ Pack set. So many ways to use this little combination of parts but now we are looking for something bigger. Before we remove electronics from a perfectly fine Sport Cub S2, could there be some other options? Ideally 3 channels and less power than the Power Pack A.

We build and enjoy the speed build kits but would like some options for exploring new designs.

dylanbeaudette

Some of the better designs so far.
E2775CB2-187C-44FC-B39C-94933472F11C.jpeg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
if your looking to go a step up, I would really suggest considering the Tiny Trainer on 2s, it has a 3 channel configuration.

The 3z 2 channel does have some flight stabilization in the RX, unless you get something with a stabilizer in it (IE the FT aura board, or one of the RXes with stabilization in it), your going to want something that is relatively stable - which the Tiny Trainer is.

There really isn't a FT design that uses smaller then the A pack motors other then the nano flerken (not a beginner plane) or 2 retired planes that used the H-pack (twin micro quad motors and required soldering stuff up).

dylanbeaudette

Thanks for the suggestions. We loved our TT on 2s and 3s configurations and plan to build another soon. I recently wrecked it beyond repair. The DR1 is our other 3 channel favorite. Mostly looking for some DIY options to keep my son from tearing electronics out of "working" models. I'll investigate the H pack motors, good idea. Note the Sport Cub S2 is a ton of fun to fly as long as winds aren't >6 knts.