aileron

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Spektrum goes Y-cable to aileron port on the RX. If they both move in the same direction, make sure it's plugged into the correct port or and your radio is not set up for delta mixing or anything. When they're set up correctly, to turn right, the right aileron raises it's hand, left - left aileron raises it's hand.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The trick to using a servo-Y on ailerons is to use the opposite sides of the servo.

Think of it this way: looking down on the servo from the top, if you move 45 degrees clockwise, a servo arm pointed to the left side will move forward while an arm on the right will go back.

when you mount servos on each wing, if they mirror each other across the wing root, they will naturally oppose each other.

This same trick will work for flaps, or dual servo elevators (which move together, instead of opposing each other) but you'll have to make sure they both come off the same side, instead of mirroring the left and right.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
What Craftydan said...this is what it'll look like. The servo arms will either be pointing away from each other, or pointing towards each other.

QF0nWML.png

JasonEricAnderson

Funny thing that I ran into this just the other day. Started putting servos into my first 4 channel scratch build and realized.."Wait.... two servos... one port on the RX... I've missed something." :D