Aura 5 Lite Differential Ailerons

Spitfire76

My current build requires a 20mm up deflection of the ailerons and a 8mm down deflection and I am trying to work out how to accomplish this with the Aura 5 lite. I thought I could simply configure it in the flight mode screen.

image.png

The left and right aileron rate affects both servos and of course one is up and one is down. For example if I set it to 10/70 and move the stick to the left there is a small deflection up for the left aileron and down for the right, moving the stick to the right there is a large deflection down for the left and up for the right. What I need is by moving the stick to the left there is a large deflection up on the left aileron and a small deflection down on the right aileron, moving the stick to the right a larger deflection up on the right aileron and a small deflection down on the left aileron . Of course the elevator rates do correspond to the up and down deflection since there is only the one servo. Maybe there is a way to configure it in the mixer section of the Aura config but I don't see how. I have sent an e-mail to Flexinnovations support so will post any solution here.

Last edited:

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
From the FAQ, you will have to dive into the outputs for this:

What settings do I use for Flaperons and Spoilerons?​

In your transmitter, use a normal wing type (one aileron, one flap, do NOT program flaperons in the transmitter!). The usual one channel for aileron, and one channel for 'flap data'. By default, Aura will look for the flap data on the CH6/Aux1 channel. Program the transmitter as you usually would (Flap system and/or Travel and/or Reversing and/or Programmable Mixes, etc) to provide the Flap movement data as desired to Aura.

Your transmitters 'servo monitor' is a great tool to verify the correct channel is moving (ex: CH6/Aux1), and to visualize the result of travel/mixes etc.

Aura is simply set as Flaperon wing type using the New Aura Config File Wizard. Aura will mix the two channels together after proper gyro processing of the aileron data! The Aura Wizard will assign a servo port for each flaperon servo.

If desired, you can even apply differential travel to each flaperon (this works for dual ailerons too) in Aura by applying an appropriate 'different' Output Scale (Travel) to the right/left directions of each flaperon Servo Port. (ex. More Right output scale on the right flaperon, more Left output scale on the left flaperon.)

Note: Spoilerons are the same as Flaperons, they are just supplied 'opposite direction' flap data from the transmitter.

Spitfire76

From the FAQ, you will have to dive into the outputs for this:

What settings do I use for Flaperons and Spoilerons?​

In your transmitter, use a normal wing type (one aileron, one flap, do NOT program flaperons in the transmitter!). The usual one channel for aileron, and one channel for 'flap data'. By default, Aura will look for the flap data on the CH6/Aux1 channel. Program the transmitter as you usually would (Flap system and/or Travel and/or Reversing and/or Programmable Mixes, etc) to provide the Flap movement data as desired to Aura.

Your transmitters 'servo monitor' is a great tool to verify the correct channel is moving (ex: CH6/Aux1), and to visualize the result of travel/mixes etc.

Aura is simply set as Flaperon wing type using the New Aura Config File Wizard. Aura will mix the two channels together after proper gyro processing of the aileron data! The Aura Wizard will assign a servo port for each flaperon servo.

If desired, you can even apply differential travel to each flaperon (this works for dual ailerons too) in Aura by applying an appropriate 'different' Output Scale (Travel) to the right/left directions of each flaperon Servo Port. (ex. More Right output scale on the right flaperon, more Left output scale on the left flaperon.)

Note: Spoilerons are the same as Flaperons, they are just supplied 'opposite direction' flap data from the transmitter.
Thanks for the information. Above mentions applying a different output scale to the left/right servo ports but don't see where this is unless they mean the subtrim.

1708355042323.png

Last edited: