• 20200105_184448.jpg
    20200105_184448.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200105_190115_HDR.jpg
    20200105_190115_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

alllmetalplane

Nice foam evangel!! it should fly well!

Someone should connsider buiding a larger typical balsa with glow engines.. Here is an idea.. get a twinstar and convert it to Evangel... I am working on some plans, when? well, that depends on my time.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, so after finishing the Simple Stick all I feel like doing is designing, so I’m gonna tackle the Evangel next! I’m going to be ordering two FT Radial F pack motors for it and while I wait for them to arrive I’m going to try to finish up the CAD work so I can have a prototype built pretty soon. I’m basing the plans off of the mini guinea pig and so I pulled up the FT plans in illustrator and have started changing them up to become an evangel. I think this one is going to fly - it’s looking promising so far! :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, plans are finally done and I'm ready to start cutting some foam! The parts I ordered should be here by the beginning of next week so hopefully I can maiden it sometime next week! I'm really excited! :D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So the Evangel flies! It flies well and is good enough for me, but as I want to make plan avalible for others I want to tune it a little more and get it to fly even better. It likes to stall and get wonky when you get into a turn too aggressively, so I'm going to increase the under camber on the wing tips (there is about a centimeter right now.) Also I'll increase the wing chord by about half an inch to make more wing area. I may increase the size of the rudder as well since @Fintail though it felt a tad unstable on the roll axis but that could have been due to the occasional wind gusts. I think the rudder was a little larger on the real evangel than I made it on the model so it won't hurt to enlarge it a tad bit. Now I just need to make a nose that looks scale... :LOL: