Another endless RX-TX question

AirScooter

As a diversion from hours and hours of lockdown foam building, I decided to build a quad. Having never built a multirotor, I was looking forward to the result. Everything seemed to go well. My goal was to recreate the GEPRC CinePro to my specs. Here is where I got stuck:
The RX is the FrSky XM+ and the TX is the new Radiomaster TX16S Hall edition.
The binding process seemed to go well in the normal fashion and I have a green light on the RX. However, I can't get the TX and RX to communicate with one another. The setup is in Betaflight (the latest firmware) and is pretty standard. The receiver tab is non-reactionary when the sticks are moved on the Radiomaster.
If anyone would care to offer a solution or suggestion I would be very grateful ........ I'm stuck!!
Airscooter

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Your Tx is a multi protocol transmitter. You need to set the Tx to the protocol used by the Rx.
FrSky uses more than one protocol, which are not backwards compatible. I’m not sure which protocol your Rx uses.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sounds like you have a config issue in Betaflight. Are you sure you have the correct serial port and protocol configured for the RX? Screenshots of your ports screen and RX config in the configurator might be helpful.

Cheers!
LitterBug

AirScooter

Your Tx is a multi protocol transmitter. You need to set the Tx to the protocol used by the Rx.
FrSky uses more than one protocol, which are not backwards compatible. I’m not sure which protocol your Rx uses.
Thanks for getting back to me Merv. I have the radio set for the Multi-FrSky-D16 protocol, which I believe to be correct. I also have bound the RX and the TX in this protocol. There has to be some connectivity between then as the receiver led won't go green until the TX is turned on.
Thanks again,
AirScooter

AirScooter

Sounds like you have a config issue in Betaflight. Are you sure you have the correct serial port and protocol configured for the RX? Screenshots of your ports screen and RX config in the configurator might be helpful.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Thank you for responding to my post. Here is how things are at the moment. Radio and receiver must be communicating because the receiver won't go green until the radio is turned on. I think you are correct about conflict in the Betaflight Config. Betaflight is not my strong point ant this radio requires an advanced degree in some strange alchemy, but I am slowly getting my head around the logic of it.
Current settings: Radiiomaster TX16S/FrSky XM+
Radio in Multi-FrSky-D16 protocol
Radio and RX bound (the RX only goes green after the TX is turned on)
Problem:
No activity on the RX tab in Betaflight
1594057453509.png

1594057562002.png

Thanks again for your help,
AirScooter

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Ok, So from what I see, you should have the XM+ attached to RX3 on your FC. The XM+ does not have telemetry so you should disable telemetry out on Port 3. Need to look at the RX config on the "Configuration" tab. It appears that may not be set correctly.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Make sure "serialrx_inverted = on" is the only thing else I can think of at this point short of double checking that you connected the SBUS pin on the XM+ to RX3. I don't have first hand knowledge of that FC, but you should be able to run off any serial port on an F7 with no issues.

LB