Any interest?

drezed

I'm scaling this as a "Mini" (I was looking for something small, and slow to fly around the neighborhood). I'm still tweaking the plans, but the glide test went very well. I'm partial to a cold-rolled "cupped" wing, as opposed to more angular "Flitetest" wing design, mostly for efficiency. Any ideas on how to contact the Flitetest designers for a possible speed-build kit?

Jeff
rear top.jpg front side.jpg rear side.jpg

UPDATE: Despite the apparent lack of interest, here's some video from prototype fight testing. :)
http://youtu.be/FKNSpMrbDBU

Last edited:

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
Excellent design, watched your video. It gets toward the performance and even looks of http://www.slowbipe.com/products.asp which I started with last year before I discovered FT. I haven't built or flown the baby blender but I think your design is much more docile. I think I have heard the BB is a bit much to handle, although that brings its own rewards : )
I'd be interested in plans, if you have them - looks pretty straight forward. Like the slo-bipe, yours is simple undercambered wings.
I built a monster size slow bipe - using DTFB - I have to find the pics to share here. Both my original slo-bipe and its big brother got kind of tired and worn out. I learned with the big one that you have to be pretty protective of that foam board in a hot car - the wings warped on me. Reminds me to get it flying again - it used a Park480 from HK. The little one just used a blue wonder.
Cheers - Poughkeepsie Pete

dgrigor02

I too am partial to the mini's becuase of neighborhood field size. I'm for sure interested.

My favorite so far is a 60% spitfire. Great fun and looks good too.

drezed

Continued flight testing of version 1 test-bed. Now using 2cell batt. with 6x3 prop, and more rearward CG.

Last edited:

drezed

While I continue on the version 2 build, a quick question. What would be preferable, using a cold-rolled airfoil (which is what I'm currently using, and is shown in the videos), or segmented in the same manner as other Flitetest models?

Jeff

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm very interested in plans for this design too - I haven't built the cold-rolled airfoil yet, but an interested in giving it a try. The only flying fields I can get to are about 45 minutes drive, so planes that can also work indoors (i.e. slow flying mini's) are great.

Thanks!
Jon